first build first question - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > first build first question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

How do you know what you'll want being that you have never owned an AR? Buying a bunch of stuff then mounting it on your new AR might be cool but might be the worst thing you can do.

Do you know what stock, hand guard, or grip works best for you?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Writing poorly like a child makes it difficult for anyone to assess your age and ability. Respect for your reader - i.e. clearly formed and written questions - will get you better answers.
Wow i been a member of this forum for quite somtime now suporting member at that and never been talked down to like that. I no longer own a computer anymore and do all this from a rather crapy cell phone so if it comes out a little "child like" that maybe why that and i am poor cunstruction scooter trash and have poor writing skills anyway.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David26 View Post
Wow i been a member of this forum for quite somtime now suporting member at that and never been talked down to like that. I no longer own a computer anymore and do all this from a rather crapy cell phone so if it comes out a little "child like" that maybe why that and i am poor cunstruction scooter trash and have poor writing skills anyway.
It was nothing personal and nobody said anything about your choice of employment. There has been a huge jump in threads/posts that are painfully difficult to decipher making it very hard to answer correctly.

I was in construction and quite a few of the guys I worked w/ had formal education. It's a horrible profile that may have been true in the past but is no longer so. It's a lot like the bad wrap infantry guys get. Believe it or not there were a lot of guys w/ degrees in my basic training and unit.

What's scooter trash? The guys you see riding around on the scooters because they were convicted of DUI?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 12-28-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 777 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by David26 View Post
David, whatever keyboard used is no excuse, why should anyone have to translate bad writing, which projects a lack of respect for the reader? As for writing skills, not singling you out, but anyone expecting to find decent employment in this economy better improve all their skills.

This isn't Facebook, it's a mature discussion group. Of course I don't speak for the entire community, I'm just one member, but it's been my experience in forums like Firearms Talk that the members are a cut above average. During the holidays there's been a flood of new people who obviously are very young judging from their poorly written posts. What I've observed is a lot of wasted "conversation" trying to pull out coherent bits and pieces from their writing. This takes away time from interesting threads.

If you want good answers and to be treated as a peer your reader must understand your questions. And must feel like your question was important enough to you to take the time to write it well. Maybe I unloaded on you but your reply to me seemed a bit testy, probably because I misinterpreted due to the way it was written. Sorry if I offended you, I don't mean to single you out.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.