first build first question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > first build first question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

www.sogarmory.com
they seem get most there busnius from AR and parts sales..

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Last edited by David26; 12-25-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I checked out the site and first impressions weren't that great.

Here's the SOG I know of. I have one of their knives and it has been great and is sharp as hell even 8 years later.
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, LLC

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #13

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

When you click on "Details" on their 'COLT "Style" G.I. Milspec' upper this is all you get:

no details and a price of $800!

16" <font color="red">5.56 NATO/.223 Rem</font> A3/M4 Flat Top, Barrel Assembly with M4 Handguard (Includes Bolt, Carrier, and Charging Handle)

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just followed the link. $800 for an unknown upper when you can get a complete rifle for under $800 from Spikes or around $900 from BCM and Colt!? STUPID.

The funny thing is there are people who will purchase it.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-26-2011, 02:52 AM   #15

Likes Given: 5

Hell, I paid less than $800 shipped for my complete Noveske light recce upper!

Last edited by optimator; 12-26-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #16

Yeah I thought that was funny when I clicked details and got nothing. $800 for what?

Meanwhile for hundreds less, even after adding the BCG, CH and handguards, you can get this (with lots of details, all excellent!):

BCM 16" Mid Length LIGHT WEIGHT Upper Receiver Group

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Like i said i know i am gonna pay a little more then what i can find online and not sure about there site there in store prices didnt seem as bad.. i paid $170 For my lower parts kt installed and they said there fully asembledd uppers bcg and all start at $420 And go up.. they seem like they know what there doin and i real think i want to build a custom upper with all the extra crap i want a little at a time

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 12-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by David26 View Post
... they seem like they know what there doin and i real think i want to build a custom upper with all the extra crap i want a little at a time
Here's the problem, you don't care if they know what they're doing - YOU must know what YOU'RE doing and buy the right parts. You're not locked in to these guys are you? If not you can put any upper on that lower so why not get something good. I really don't think these guys are your friends.

Are you locked in? Do you have to buy the whole rifle from them?

______

Old 12-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i am not locked into anybody sure any upper will bolt onto my lower.. not tryin to build a budget rifle either that why i am gonna build the upper so i can get all the stuff i want a little at a time..
My biggest prob is i have always been into handguns and this will be my first AR i have no clue what parts and brands r good and witch ones r junk.. the only thing i have decided at this point is i like a flat top upper, shorter barrel (best quility i can get), around 16", and a free floating hand rail system.

Dave

Denis Diderot

Old 12-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #20

Writing poorly like a child makes it difficult for anyone to assess your age and ability. Respect for your reader - i.e. clearly formed and written questions - will get you better answers.

______