First AR - Pleased so far - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > First AR - Pleased so far

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshX3Magazine View Post
Good looking rifle!
It already seems to shoot awfully nice! Can't wait to see it all built-out and finished up.

Nice to find yet another Virginian on the site, and another AR shooter too! I'm up in Fredericksburg myself, and I've got a Panther AR.

Have a good one!

Josh
Thanks for the shout. Virginia seems well represented here. I've discovered this AR disease is expensive (and probably incurable). I now have to find a good outdoor range in the area. My indoor range won't allow anything over 22LR or pistol calibers. I had to drive out in the boonies to test fire the AR.

What kinid of optic is that in your avatar?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Virginia58, I had the same grip issue with my Colt.

I found this online seller to be the best price on the net for the Hogue Model 15000. 13.48$

hogue1500.jpg

Fast shipping and a great product! Why wait for the gun show? You won't get it any cheaper there!

Watch that safety detent and spring when changing the grip out! Little buggers can get legs.

Hogue*AR-15/M-16 Rubber Grip w/Finger Grooves*15000

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 06-25-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:58 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Cane - That's a great price and the Hogues have a fine reputation, but I think I need to put my hands on one to try before buy. I have a LEO supply shop here that sells Hogue grips, so I will try to see how it fits my hand first.

At 6'4" 270" and large paws, it needs to be pretty big. With the standard grip I am almost on the second joint of my trigger finger.

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #14

The optic on the MSAR in my avatar is also the optic I use on my AR. It's a 200-buck ACOG clone we got in stock at the gun shop I used to work at outside Charlotte. A lot of our clientele was blue-collar farm boys who wanted the Mil-spec look but couldn't afford several hundred bucks for a good optic. It's not illuminated, it's not Trijicon quality, but for an inexpensive optic it actually shoots very well.

Check it out near the top of this page: Kingdom Arms

I'd like eventually to replace it with a REAL honest-to-God ACOG or other good, combat-proven optic but the bills right now won't allow it, especially when I'm trying to build a stockpile of ammo after switching from a .40 pistol to a .45.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com