Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   First AR finally complete!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/first-ar-finally-complete-47060/)

JoeM 08-19-2011 01:26 AM

First AR finally complete!!

1 Attachment(s)
First of all, this is my first post but would like to thank all the regulars here for providing me with great info while I was in my search for my first AR-15.

I decided on purchasing a completely built AR for my first one...as I know a complete build is in my near future! I went with a Stag Arms Model 2T. I am very happy with my choice so far (only had one range session with it, approx 300 rounds, with absolutely no issues).

I added a Magpul AFG, four 30 rd PMags, and a Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN.

In all I think I did pretty well...the rifle itself was right at $1000. The ACOG I won on ebay at what I feel was a very good price. The seller insists he only used it to zero in and decided to go with a non-magnifying scope. I got it for $700, and am happy saving roughly $500 off the MSRP.

My intent for this weapon is to use it as a fun range rifle as well as a SHTF firearm (my next purchase will probably be an AK so that might take the SHTF label :D).

Here is a pic of the final set-up...minus the Hogue grip I have in the mail! Please let me know your thoughts!!!

Gatoragn 08-19-2011 01:32 AM

Howdy

Welcome to FTF, you now have BRD.

Nice lookin' Sport Utility Rifle you have there.

Kinetics 08-19-2011 01:42 AM

Nice man, how do you like that magpul AFG? Looks good though :D

CA357 08-19-2011 01:45 AM

Congratulations! :cool:

JonM 08-19-2011 01:47 AM

ahhh the infamous ARfooteen....

nice shootin stick congrats!!

TimKS 08-19-2011 01:49 AM

Looks like the start of an ingrown nail on the left big toe. ;) :D

Oh....nice looking rifle too.

JoeM 08-19-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinetics (Post 565787)
Nice man, how do you like that magpul AFG? Looks good though :D

I like it. It allows me to grip the rifle the exact same every time which I like. The one issue I have with it is it makes you rest your left thumb (I'm a righty) on the floating rail which gets pretty hot. However, I'm now going to start using gloves every time I shoot which should solve that problem!

Kinetics 08-19-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeM (Post 565796)
I like it. It allows me to grip the rifle the exact same every time which I like. The one issue I have with it is it makes you rest your left thumb (I'm a righty) on the floating rail which gets pretty hot. However, I'm now going to start using gloves every time I shoot which should solve that problem!

Ahh, i see, thanks, anyways slap some flat dark earth on that baby and you got a real looker :D

mjkeat 08-19-2011 02:14 AM

I like the rifle. Those Samson rails are nice.

2hot2handle 08-19-2011 03:21 AM

Demn sexy SUR sir