Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   First AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/first-ar-96064/)

jlee0812 08-26-2013 07:44 PM

First AR

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone.. I'm new to the AR platform and I'm already in love... I have a smith and wesson m&p 15TS... which I've been told is a good place to start.. I'm a lefty so I have some questions about modifications. Does anyone run a ambidextrous safety and right hand mag release? I'm on the fence about the magazine release..
Attachment 115776

TheSadPanda 08-26-2013 09:53 PM

My 516 has an ambi mag release from the factory that i really like. Only downside is that you cant use a BAD lever. Ambi selector switches are awesome and well worth the money. I got the BADASS and the thin selector for the other side is perfect. It doesnt get in the way of your shooting finger but it is still fully functional.

jlee0812 08-26-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1347957)
My 516 has an ambi mag release from the factory that i really like. Only downside is that you cant use a BAD lever. Ambi selector switches are awesome and well worth the money. I got the BADASS and the thin selector for the other side is perfect. It doesnt get in the way of your shooting finger but it is still fully functional.

I don't see the point in a BAD lever being lefty I send the bolt with my trigger finger... I'm putting on a CCMG safety lever and a troy ambidextrous magazine release tonight!

TheSadPanda 08-26-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlee0812

I don't see the point in a BAD lever being lefty I send the bolt with my trigger finger... I'm putting on a CCMG safety lever and a troy ambidextrous magazine release tonight!

Awesome! I didnt think about how useless a BAD lever is to lefties :p

jlee0812 08-26-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1347998)

Awesome! I didnt think about how useless a BAD lever is to lefties :p

I would be all over it as a righty though... Awesome concept...

trauma35 08-27-2013 01:40 AM

I'm a righty and love the bad lever. Even if I was a lefty I'd have one. Just for the fact it makes my target bigger if I'm trying to lock the bolt to the rear. Instead of that small button you have a bar you can hit. But to each his own.

jlee0812 08-27-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trauma35 (Post 1348240)
I'm a righty and love the bad lever. Even if I was a lefty I'd have one. Just for the fact it makes my target bigger if I'm trying to lock the bolt to the rear. Instead of that small button you have a bar you can hit. But to each his own.

valid point

AgentTikki 08-27-2013 10:42 PM

I like the Troy bad lever over the Magpul.

Don't get the Noveske ambi safety, it sux.

The Battle Arms Development Ambidexterous Safety Selector BADASS, is the nicest I've used. I especially like the 45 degree version. I prefer the standard selector on the strong side, and the hybrid for the weakside.

If brass in your face becomes a problem, look into a lefty reciever and bcg from stag.

ZeusEcho 08-27-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 1348944)

Don't get the Noveske ambi safety, it sux.

Curious to know why it sux...I was thinking of trying one.

jlee0812 08-27-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeusEcho (Post 1349004)

Curious to know why it sux...I was thinking of trying one.

I went with Troy on the safety and mag release... I can't complain... took her to the range today...