First ar - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

First ar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
The ones i attended were 3 days each, the first one i attended was while on SRT at the prison and the rifle was issued.the second one i attended was while at the sheriff office,and i used my own rifle. The school taught the basic fundamentals and "how to" aspects of the carbine but also the mindset required to employ a carbine effectively in a dynamic stress situation, malfunction drills, and alot of live fire exercises.
A multi-day instructional program, sounds exactly like a carbine class. Now there are 1 day, 2 day and 3 day carbine classes. This is the first time I have ever heard them called schools. Maybe "course" is a better word. I tend to think of school as a multi month sort of thing.

Do you see how comparing the 2 firearms performance during a carbine course doesn't make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-01-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #42

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

A multi-day instructional program, sounds exactly like a carbine class. Now there are 1 day, 2 day and 3 day carbine classes. This is the first time I have ever heard them called schools. Maybe "course" is a better word. I tend to think of school as a multi month sort of thing.
Well on the classroom material they were named School, but your right, course would be more appropriate.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Well on the classroom material they were named School, but your right, course would be more appropriate.
I wonder if it's a funding thing? I imagine most tax payers would feel more comfortable paying for a "school" than a "course" lol.

Are you still in corrections?

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #44

Quote:

I wonder if it's a funding thing? I imagine most tax payers would feel more comfortable paying for a "school" than a "course" lol.

Are you still in corrections?
More than likely it is.. I started at the sheriff office as a part time deputy in 2004 and left corrections in 2005 to be a deputy full time. I left the sheriff office in 2009 to work in the oilfield. I will be returning to corrections within the next few months, less BS and health and retirement are alot better

Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #45

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
More than likely it is.. I started at the sheriff office as a part time deputy in 2004 and left corrections in 2005 to be a deputy full time. I left the sheriff office in 2009 to work in the oilfield. I will be returning to corrections within the next few months, less BS and health and retirement are alot better
Good deal man. I sit in a class w/ a couple of guys in juvenile corrections. It does not sounds fun.

Quote:

Old 02-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #46

Quote:

Good deal man. I sit in a class w/ a couple of guys in juvenile corrections. It does not sounds fun.
Its a different world behind the fence, thats for sure.