Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > first AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default first AR-15

Hey guys first off lots of good reading here and i appreciate it.

Now its finally my turn to join the club, let me start with i am in not new to firearms i am a ccw holder and have been through my 1911 phase which was fun but not as fulfilling as i had hoped im 24 and its about time to to step up to big boy guns I've decided i am going to get into the AR stage of my life if you don't mind i was wondering if you guys had some input for me and if i was going in the right direction

After hours and hours and days and days of research I've decided on the Colt LE6920 as my first AR i want as close to milspec without breaking the bank as possible I've allowed myself the budget to get a trijicon ACOG and some Magpul furniture to make it mine and the reason im not buying the moe models is because i want to do every mod myself and im sure you understand

Where i am a bit lost is on adding to my stamp collection and finding the right can for an AR any and all input from you guys is appreciated

Thanks guys

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8438 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Welcome, Mike- glad you found your way to us. If you do not get some feedback on a good suppressor for your AR, there is a separate section for Class III and NFA items, but let's see what pops up here first.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #3

Thanks c3 im more interested i guess with what you all think of the le6920

Old 10-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #4

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Yhm makes a qd surprrssor that wont break the bank. It works off of the phantom flash hider. Check out shot show and you'll see it. Why go with an acog? For the same money you can get an aimpiont or eotech with a magnifier. There's so many upgrades you can do with ar's. Check out spikes nickel boron bcg, i have one and love it. Very smooth

Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #5

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ View Post
Thanks c3 im more interested i guess with what you all think of the le6920
it's a Colt ... they are the orignal and folks who have them love em'. haven't heard of a bad review yet.

As for supressors, we have some members here who have them so hopefully one will be along to help you out.

congrats on joining us on the Dark Side

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 10-21-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:12 AM   #6

Thanks tj i hope so too and that's kinda why i decided on the colt

Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig
Yhm makes a qd surprrssor that wont break the bank. It works off of the phantom flash hider. Check out shot show and you'll see it. Why go with an acog? For the same money you can get an aimpiont or eotech with a magnifier. There's so many upgrades you can do with ar's. Check out spikes nickel boron bcg, i have one and love it. Very smooth
Im a real fan of the acog first of all and secondly i plan to build a 300 blackout after the colt and its going to be an sbr with an eotech

Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #8

Sorry for a second post but wow just saw the spike bcg that's sick and 250 isn't bad for any good part but out of curiosity does the finish fade at all or does it keep that awesome bronze-ish finish for a long time

Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 204 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ
Sorry for a second post but wow just saw the spike bcg that's sick and 250 isn't bad for any good part but out of curiosity does the finish fade at all or does it keep that awesome bronze-ish finish for a long time
They said its easier to clean. If u really want a chrome bcg.. might as well get the DD bcg. Its listed on their site. I think its 190.