finished the M4 build - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > finished the M4 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterGA View Post
I either used magnified "regular" scopes or a red dot on my rifles. Don't care for shooting with iron sights.
well, i'm going to start with iron sights, i may quickly find for the AR ranges, or capabilities distance wise, my vision is better equipped with a scope of some sort.

Wanted to add that the only possible negative about the Del-ton kit was the disclaimer included that said you void the warranty if you use reloaded ammo or lacquer coated ammo. its not a concern for me right now because i dont reload yet and i can buy other ammo, but definitely something anyone else may want to consider.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 03-01-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
well, i'm going to start with iron sights, i may quickly find for the AR ranges, or capabilities distance wise, my vision is better equipped with a scope of some sort.

Wanted to add that the only possible negative about the Del-ton kit was the disclaimer included that said you void the warranty if you use reloaded ammo or lacquer coated ammo. its not a concern for me right now because i dont reload yet and i can buy other ammo, but definitely something anyone else may want to consider.

Good idea. I recommend anyone new to shooting get used to iron sights, before going to optics. That way, if anything were to ever fail (of course they never do, right?), you know how to shoot with the iron sights.

You'd be surprised at how many don't know the first thing about how to FLIP up their rear or front sights...."It came with these dang things, and don't know how they go up"

I've got friends who use iron sights, EXCLUSIVELY. And a few of those will ring steel at 5-600 meters, consistently. I always joke about what they COULD do if they only weren't so damn cheap and bought real optics

at the risk of starting another flame war on the topic....if your "go-to, depend your life on" type piece is ammo sensitive, it is time to put faith in something else.