Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Finally!!! Something to "build"!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What rear sight is that and how'd it work with the A2 iron front? I'm looking at using the Magpul Gen 2 rear flip-up on my flat top when I get it.

BTW, nice shooting!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
What rear sight is that and how'd it work with the A2 iron front? I'm looking at using the Magpul Gen 2 rear flip-up on my flat top when I get it.

BTW, nice shooting!
Thanks man.

It's a gen2 MBUS, and it worked well, I guess. But since I'm novice in every sense, I wouldn't know the difference. I'm guessing they pair well, it's a pretty popular sight.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Old 07-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #23

Liked 940 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 924

The Magpul MBUS flip-up works fine with the F-marked A2 FSB. In fact I removed my old rear sight, slapped on a new MBUS Gen 2 and did not have to touch the old zero.

The only problem I can foresee is using it on an upper that has the commercial height (not-F marked) FSB. You might have to buy a taller front sight post. This applies to DPMS, Bushmaster, ArmaLite and other uppers.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
The Magpul MBUS flip-up works fine with the F-marked A2 FSB. In fact I removed my old rear sight, slapped on a new MBUS Gen 2 and did not have to touch the old zero.
Sweet, that's the way I'm going to go then.

Question, though these are the space age polymer Promag Gen 2's you are using? Or, are there also steel/alum ones too?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Sweet, that's the way I'm going to go then.

Question, though these are the space age polymer Promag Gen 2's you are using? Or, are there also steel/alum ones too?
I don't think Magpul has a steel or aluminum BUIS but of course Troy, MI and many others do. The MBUS is plenty tough though and the only caveat I can think of is using their front sight on a railed gas block (too hot).

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I don't think Magpul has a steel or aluminum BUIS but of course Troy, MI and many others do. The MBUS is plenty tough though and the only caveat I can think of is using their front sight on a railed gas block (too hot).
Well, that's what I thought, but I've doing my research and I've got so many different options in my head right now. The Magpul Gen 2 MBUS is the leading candidate right now. Thanks for your help!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #27

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with the MBUS and it's 1/2 the price of other options. Magpul always gives you a lot for your money. I've never been disappointed with their products, including their DVDs.

______

Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #28

Put another couple hundred rounds through today. 120rnds of xm193 brass, and 80 wolf military classic. No hiccups, ran well all day. I really need to take a rifle class. I could use some instruction on my stance and hold, while offhand.

From a bench using the magazine as a stand. 50 yards, Mbus sights. xm193

25 yards offhand, relatively rapid fire. mixed ammo

50 yards, offhand, eotech, wolf mc

I'm pretty happy with the results. If I had more than an hour, I might really take my time to see what I can do. I've got to get to the 100yd range soon, just for grins.

Sean

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton