Finally!!! Something to "build"! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Finally!!! Something to "build"!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
I like the MOE stock/grip/handguard look. I've done two already and they look better and better each time I see them. Range pic's to follow?
I'm going to see if I can sneek in at the range during my "lunch break" tomorrow. I just finished it this evening. I might put it on my FDE lower with the 2 stage trigger to sight in.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #12

Ok, so I only had an hour to function test the lowers and try to zero...

Preface. My first time firing an AR or any rifle in a serious sense.

WOW!!!! What fun!

All shots were taken at an indoor AC'd range, from a bench except last round, off a stand(under the handguard), with irons only.(no batteries in the EOTECH anyhow).

I used the same 14.5 CL 1:7twist PSA upper on both of my lowers.
Lower 1- PSA, Gen2 LPK w/standard trigger.
Lower 2- CMMG, w/White Oak LPK/RRA 2stage trigger, BAD lever(I like the BAD)

First round is at 25yards and very first rounds are marked with pen. It also includes 3-4 function test rounds. This was off the PSA lower

Second Round off the PSA lower at 50yards

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Last edited by SeanCucf; 07-21-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #13

Third round CMMG/RRA lower at 25yards (also includes 3 rounds of function check)

Fourth round CMMG/RRA lower at I THINK 25 yards also. I was just getting comfortable and still working on zeroing/technique at the same time.

Fifth round offhand from 50FEET, somewhat quickly (I was running late)

Old 07-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #14

Victory pictures, same upper on both lowers

I was addicted before I ever shot them, now it's terminal.....I CANT WAIT for my 16" DD upper to come in now!!!!

GREAT DAY!!!

Sean

Old 07-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Good sh*t brother! Nice looking rifle, either lower.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #16

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I agree. Nice job.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #17

Thank you sirs. Now I really want to find a local rifle class, appleseed, and a carbine class.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

After my first 3gun last Sat I'm a proponent. Find a nice 2 or 3gun and it will quickly put your deficiencies on display so you'll know where you need work. For me it was everywhere

Old 07-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
After my first 3gun last Sat I'm a proponent. Find a nice 2 or 3gun and it will quickly put your deficiencies on display so you'll know where you need work. For me it was everywhere
3gun might be in the cards down the road. I think for now I should learn the basics.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Its good to start at the begining.

What would you consider your level?