Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Finally!!! Something to "build"!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Finally!!! Something to "build"!....UPDATED RANGE PICS

So I have another thread where I started a CMMG/DD FDE build. To date, I am still waiting on my upper to arrive from Daniel Defense, which I ordered back in Dec. 2010.

We all know you don't need an excuse to build another AR, so as fate would have it my stock trigger guard, which was replaced with a Magpul enhance trigger guard, was calling out to me for some companionship. And... I sort of regretted....a tiny bit....not doing a KISS EBR.

Well along came Palmetto State Armory with $50 lower receivers for Fathers Day. And while I didn't buy one of those, it did get me looking around their site and low-and-behold a Gadsden Flag lower for $96 shipped. So I ordered it and their Gen 2 MOE LPK for like $59. I figured it would just sit in the safe for a while and some day I would piece together an inexpensive KISS 14.5" upper. Besides, PSA was all sold out of 14.5" uppers anyways. Wouldn't you know it, a few days later PSA got more 14.5" uppers back in stock....FOR $399!! WITH BGC and CH!!!! and only like $70 extra for MOE hand guards and MBUS!!! I didn't really fit my liking because they won't ship them unassembled, but there was no way to pass up that deal.

Today my FFL called and my lower was in so I stopped on the way home from work and picked it up. Got home and Mr. Brown Santa left a long thin package at my door. Yippeeee!

Well I didn't have time to peice together my lower yet, but i did slap the upper on my already built FDE and waiting lower....

No the Eotech is not for this rifle but it's been lonely too, and wanted to play.

Enjoy!

P.S. My trigger guard is still lonely as this LPK came with another Enhance TG.....as long as I don't get it wet, or feed it after midnight, right???

UPDATED RANGE PICS Pg2

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Last edited by SeanCucf; 07-21-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 731 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 699

SeanCucf, nice rifle and a great price! PSA sure gives you a lot for your money...

Man, that's a loonnnggg time for DD to get an upper to you. What's the configuration on it to take so long?

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
SeanCucf, nice rifle and a great price! PSA sure gives you a lot for your money...

Man, that's a loonnnggg time for DD to get an upper to you. What's the configuration on it to take so long?
I ordered:
16' gvt profile CHF 1:7
RISII FDE rail
Low pro gas block
YH 5c2 flash hider

the story I hear is that since DD landed the SoCom contract, all civilian orders take a back seat. I dunno....but im in this deep. There's a handful of 2010 orders waiting to ship still, so I'm not alone.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #4

Liked 731 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 699

I also ordered a DD upper last Dec, the 7th I believe. Took about seven weeks and I was so happy to see that long black box come from Georgia. I sure hope yours comes soon. (BTW, the black box was double boxed in a standard box so it didn't stand out as a firearm part.)

Mine was a 16" CHF LW midlength with standard A2 FH and FSB and no handguards/rail or BCG since I already had a DD BCG. At the time rails and BCGs were delaying orders but I didn't get either which may have sped up my order. MJKEAT also ordered a 14.5" about the same time.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I also ordered a DD upper last Dec, the 7th I believe. Took about seven weeks and I was so happy to see that long black box come from Georgia. I sure hope yours comes soon. (BTW, the black box was double boxed in a standard box so it didn't stand out as a firearm part.)

Mine was a 16" CHF LW midlength with standard A2 FH and FSB and no handguards/rail or BCG since I already had a DD BCG. At the time rails and BCGs were delaying orders but I didn't get either which may have sped up my order. MJKEAT also ordered a 14.5" about the same time.
well, supposedly about 4 months ago, they were only waiting on a new batch of low pro gas blocks, but "everything else is good to go."

One of multiple responses I've heard. I really don't care anymore, I just want it, because I've been without $600+ for 6 months with nothing to show. It's run the gauntlet of emotions and finally landed me at acceptance.

I blame you guys, I was all about a BCM and you had to go an post that awesome deal....

Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

My DD performed like a champ this past weekend. I must add it's a damn nice rifle to look at as well. Even under the stress of shooting a comp for the 1st time and not having time to zero it properly the thing placed nice round holes in the head of IDPA targets almost effortlessly and w/ speed. If only I was up to par w/ my equipment

The 14.5 lightweight w/ BC 1.5 mated to the H1 is awesome.

I had mine in roughly the same time as Quentin.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #7

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Nice looking setup.

I've been doing a lot of ordering from PSA, very good prices and IMO very good products.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have my eye on PSAs SS 1:8 middy.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #9

Here's my newly assembled lower with the upper. Along with my "first" AR

Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 AM   #10

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I like the MOE stock/grip/handguard look. I've done two already and they look better and better each time I see them. Range pic's to follow?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.