Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Finally...done!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjf915 View Post
The 15-22......why does it have both an AFG and VFG? And why a front site but no rear site? I'm just pondering here. I used to have a 15-22 and loved it. I just see some things that don't make sense.
When I am shooting small targets I use the rear AFG. I think it allows me a tighter grip with more control. When shooting larger targets on the move I like the VFG. Weird I know...but hey WTH?
The rear peep set is mounted forward on the right side rail. Scope goes to crap, I can swap scope for rear site and keep playing. It was suggested to slide the scope froward, re-set rear site group and co-witness. But I have not tried that yet. When warmer weather sets in I will try it.

The 15-22 is more than accurate enough and it is by far the most fun 22 I have had. I built a nice Ruger 10/22 to national match standards. it will light a strike anywhere match but is not fun to run and shoot with.

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Nice rifles... And what do you mean when it gets warm ?? its been like 30 deg here the last few days

Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #13

LOL!! 30 degrees is Bar-B-Q temps. I am soooo looking forward for the cold snap to break. Was 9 below this morning. I can shoot in that weather but after 30 minutes it gets hard to load the magazine.

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 02-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
When I am shooting small targets I use the rear AFG. I think it allows me a tighter grip with more control. When shooting larger targets on the move I like the VFG. Weird I know...but hey WTH?
The rear peep set is mounted forward on the right side rail. Scope goes to crap, I can swap scope for rear site and keep playing. It was suggested to slide the scope froward, re-set rear site group and co-witness. But I have not tried that yet. When warmer weather sets in I will try it.

The 15-22 is more than accurate enough and it is by far the most fun 22 I have had. I built a nice Ruger 10/22 to national match standards. it will light a strike anywhere match but is not fun to run and shoot with.
Have you tried gripping as far out on the hand guard w/ a thumb over grip? After a few minutes of discomfort it turned out to be very sturdy and controllable.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #15

Mjkeat
I have not tried that. What I like about this site is the suggestions we recieve. I am going to try that it makes scense that is would be better control holding that way.
Like pointing the elbows outward rather than downward when shooting a pistol. That took some practice but my 40 hardley lifts off target and follow up shots are instantanious.
Thanks for the suggestion

Last edited by safedman; 02-13-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 02-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Not a problem. I was a mag well holder throughout my time in the Army. Wish I would have known better back then.