Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ffl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ffl

So when i am looking into rifles it says that a FFL is required.

I know that a license is reuqired to own a handgun so then i looked up what a FFL license is and it says that it is for selling firearms. I dont want to sell firearms...i just want to buy them. Are only certain people qualified to get them?

Mind you on December 18th 2010 i will be 21 and i have no felonies on my record....ive never even been arrested or pulled over.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2010, 06:21 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

FFL means Federal Firearms License. It means you have to go through them to purchase your firearm. You don't have to be an ffl to own one.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you're buying from a dealer face-to-face, you will fill out a form and he will have to process if for approval. Approval could take a few minutes or much longer, depending on what state you're in.

If you're buying online, you'll pay for it, they'll have to send it to an FFL dealer, and you go pick it up from that dealer.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #4

Liked 663 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 666

I purchase firearms and have them shipped to my FFL. Fill out the paperwork and pay a $15.00 transfer fee. BTW, You don't "need" a license for a handgun in some states. No license or registration here in NH for any firearm.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.