Favorite AR-15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Favorite AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Favorite AR-15

I was wondering who do you guys think make the best AR's. I'm a fan of Rock River Arms.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

tierone,

Although there are other good ARs out there! That would be a good Second for me for RRA! When you have a Rock River Elite CAR A-4 serial number at 5000 that has a total of 30,000 rounds through it with only re-barreling her one time, and the fact that as I can remember has had only two failures to feed since 2001 which I am sure was due to a defective magazine. And my
20" RRA Varmint Rifle shoots 1/4 MOA Groups. What else could a guy say! They are fine rifles!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The one I built from scratch. Delton stripped lower, spikes stripped upper and MANY MANY other things to make it the perfect AR, IMO of course. LOL!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #4

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Im pretty partial to Double Star...made in Kentucky and great firearms for the money. I dont know if I will ever own any other kind of AR.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #5

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
The one I built from scratch... LOL!
+1

I always build my own PCs so I'll use my saying about Dell Computers.

"They can build a million better than I can but I can build ONE better than they do."

Anyway, the point is, if you half way try, for about the same money or less you can build a better AR than you'll likely find on the shelf.

ETA:
But you can't go wrong with BCM, Colt or Daniel Defense.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-19-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #6

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

My Colt LE 6940.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A well crafted factory rifle you know is 100% spec and 100% capable. One you know with unwaivering confidence will take you to hell and back when called upon.

I don't want to have to cross my fingers and hope I get a good one. I want to know the minute I press that "submit order" button a great rifle will soon rest in my hands.

I look at my rifles like I look at my friends. I may not have many but the ones I do have will be there forever and have my back should something go wrong.

As many of you can attest, when you've been there the picture becomes a little more clear.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #8

I like my Carbine. It is a Spikes lower, RRA NM trigger and internals, stag arms upper, leupold red dot and a magpul stock. I can run any ammo I have tossed in it, reloads, AE, LC, federal, wolf, silver crap, winchester white box, brown turd, PMC, and remington.
I like owning a rifle that will shoot anything I put in it.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 08-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree with canebrake.
My Colt LE AR/M4.
With the few mods I have on it, I could ask for anything more out of a AR.

Be polite. Be professional. And have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine"

This one will always be my fav, hell i built it to have what i wanted . Ardel Engineering lower with DPMS lower parts kit (all made right here in Minnesota!), BCM 16" lightweight Chrome lined 1:7 twist barrel, mid length gas system, 5.56 NATO chamber, M4 feed ramps, cold hammer forged, Magpul furniture, Hogue pistol grip and finished off with a BCM auto bcg as well as custom streamlight set-up.

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"