Fact or Rumor about Colt?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Fact or Rumor about Colt?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 123
Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default Fact or Rumor about Colt?

Just had a FFL holder tell me Colt is due to release 30,000 6920's starting Jan 15th. He claims to have spoken to a Colt sales rep. On a related subject, he also claims to have spoken to a Magpul rep who told him they would be filling orders with 100,000 30td pmags.

Can anyone confirm these claims?

__________________
Wrecked is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

YEP you just told me so I'm gonna go spread the news He must be a BIG DEALER cause Colt just doesn't go direct with small fish.

__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 123
Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
YEP you just told me so I'm gonna go spread the news He must be a BIG DEALER cause Colt just doesn't go direct with small fish.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. But, better to ask the ones "in the know", rather than start another rumor. The FFL I spoke to has a gun shop, but is by no means a big fish.
__________________
Wrecked is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
I was kinda thinking the same thing. But, better to ask the ones "in the know", rather than start another rumor. The FFL I spoke to has a gun shop, but is by no means a big fish.
I haven't heard anything in the dealer channels about it at all.
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,195
Liked 6546 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 6190

Default

But one thing you can count on, Colt, Magpul and every other maker is going to manufacture and release every single one that they can produce.

30,000 you say????

Hell, if they shipped 300,000 today, they'd be gone in a week.

locutus is offline  
AWDeanSr Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
But one thing you can count on, Colt, Magpul and every other maker is going to manufacture and release every single one that they can produce.

30,000 you say????

Hell, if they shipped 300,000 today, they'd be gone in a week.
Quality guns during a frenzy and possibly a potential ban, lots of profits to be made
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
AWDeanSr Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post

Quality guns during a frenzy and possibly a potential ban, lots of profits to be made
Also tons of cheap rifles if they DON'T get banned.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,195
Liked 6546 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 6190

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Also tons of cheap rifles if they DON'T get banned.

You got it, bro!

I'm looking forward to it.
__________________

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

locutus is offline  
rachilders Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #9
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Also tons of cheap rifles if they DON'T get banned.
One reason people who are buying as much as they can to sell it later for profit better sell soon
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
One reason people who are buying as much as they can to sell it later for profit better sell soon
But if they don't get banned... supply will have outpaced demand by a longshot (no pun intended).

Heck, some folks may end up having trouble giving them away...
__________________
trip286 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Rumor or fact? BATF Classifies .223 as a pistol cartridge? Yunus Ammunition & Reloading 13 08-20-2011 11:36 PM
Just a heads up; about a rumor opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 18 09-03-2009 01:35 AM
the rumor mill opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 07-18-2009 05:25 AM
Contrary to rumor, I ant dead yet. bobbyb13 The Club House 10 06-04-2009 02:48 AM
Rumor: Biden Out. Clinton In user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 09-26-2008 09:45 PM