An exciting time.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > An exciting time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default An exciting time.

It is absolutely amazing where small arms technology and design has gone. There are so many offerings in the AR platform alone and there are high tech designs that are just phenomenal.

Tons of accessories available, caliber choices as well. It is a really exciting time for shooters in general. Almost every time I buy a gun magazine now I am just amazed at all the hi tech offerings that are becoming available. If you can afford it!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, but you can drag an AK through mud and **** all day long and it still goes bang.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #3

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical
Yeah, but you can drag an AK through mud and **** all day long and it still goes bang.
True and its old as ****

Wyoming is what America was

Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #4

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

There have been phenomenal improvements in the AR line since the sunset of the AWB. And a lot more interest by the general public. Years ago you just didn't see ARs like you do today. They used to be "evil" and "unsportsmanlike", now they're accepted by a majority of people.

The hard thing today is to know what options you need and which to avoid. And the magazines aren't much help there, they're in the business to sell, sell, sell!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #5

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

I think its amazing with all technology. I mean look at cell phones and what you can do with them.. we hqve touch screens and voice commands.. what's next?

I'm waiting for the bullets that know where you want them to land... but then again.. there's no sport in that

Wyoming is what America was

Old 01-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #6

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Years ago you just didn't see ARs like you do today. They used to be "evil" and "unsportsmanlike", now they're accepted by a majority of people.
Unless your a Chicago representative then they are assault rifles .

Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Yeah sure. I wasn't claiming only AR's....... all modern small arms. Just some amazing offerings of late and accessories for existing guns just keep coming. It reminds me of the Harley, and other makes of cruiser bikes, accessorizing fad of the late 90's on up.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Yeah, they do go bang. But who knows where the shots are going, including the shooter.(They use pistol sights on the rifle).
Just hope someone who owns a quality rifle won't be shooting back.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75370 View Post
Yeah, they do go bang. But who knows where the shots are going, including the shooter.(They use pistol sights on the rifle).
Just hope someone who owns a quality rifle won't be shooting back.
True but don't confuse those Paki mud hut made AKs w/ the offerings from places like Rifle Dynamics. Also don't forget all the low profile mounting solutions on the market that allow the mounting of a RDS and co-witnessing.

Trust me there have been times in my life when I thanked God for Paki mud hut AKs

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #10

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
... Trust me there have been times in my life when I thanked God for Paki mud hut AKs
I bet we saw some of those very parts in Vietnam 40+ years ago! They might have still worked back then.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.