Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   An exciting time. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/exciting-time-56706/)

Fumbles 01-31-2012 05:09 PM

An exciting time.

It is absolutely amazing where small arms technology and design has gone. There are so many offerings in the AR platform alone and there are high tech designs that are just phenomenal.

Tons of accessories available, caliber choices as well. It is a really exciting time for shooters in general. Almost every time I buy a gun magazine now I am just amazed at all the hi tech offerings that are becoming available. If you can afford it!

Belltactical 01-31-2012 05:15 PM

Yeah, but you can drag an AK through mud and **** all day long and it still goes bang. :)

stoppingpower 01-31-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belltactical
Yeah, but you can drag an AK through mud and **** all day long and it still goes bang. :)

True and its old as ****

Wyoming is what America was

Quentin 01-31-2012 08:48 PM

There have been phenomenal improvements in the AR line since the sunset of the AWB. And a lot more interest by the general public. Years ago you just didn't see ARs like you do today. They used to be "evil" and "unsportsmanlike", now they're accepted by a majority of people.

The hard thing today is to know what options you need and which to avoid. And the magazines aren't much help there, they're in the business to sell, sell, sell!

stoppingpower 01-31-2012 08:53 PM

I think its amazing with all technology. I mean look at cell phones and what you can do with them.. we hqve touch screens and voice commands.. what's next?

I'm waiting for the bullets that know where you want them to land... but then again.. there's no sport in that

Wyoming is what America was

purehavoc 01-31-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 695282)
Years ago you just didn't see ARs like you do today. They used to be "evil" and "unsportsmanlike", now they're accepted by a majority of people.

Unless your a Chicago representative then they are assault rifles . :confused:

Fumbles 02-01-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belltactical (Post 695119)

Yeah sure. I wasn't claiming only AR's....... all modern small arms. Just some amazing offerings of late and accessories for existing guns just keep coming. It reminds me of the Harley, and other makes of cruiser bikes, accessorizing fad of the late 90's on up.

75370 02-01-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belltactical (Post 695119)

Yeah, they do go bang. But who knows where the shots are going, including the shooter.(They use pistol sights on the rifle).
Just hope someone who owns a quality rifle won't be shooting back.

mjkeat 02-01-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75370 (Post 695944)
Yeah, they do go bang. But who knows where the shots are going, including the shooter.(They use pistol sights on the rifle).
Just hope someone who owns a quality rifle won't be shooting back.

True but don't confuse those Paki mud hut made AKs w/ the offerings from places like Rifle Dynamics. Also don't forget all the low profile mounting solutions on the market that allow the mounting of a RDS and co-witnessing.

Trust me there have been times in my life when I thanked God for Paki mud hut AKs ;)

Quentin 02-01-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 696161)
... Trust me there have been times in my life when I thanked God for Paki mud hut AKs ;)

I bet we saw some of those very parts in Vietnam 40+ years ago! They might have still worked back then. :p