Eotech and Fixed SIghts QUestion - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Eotech and Fixed SIghts QUestion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks View Post
I'm an Xbox guy. But MAG would be better if they would have done something different with the PS3 controller. I have a PS3 but won't play shooters on it. Battlefield 3 is my "at home range."
Reasonable. I have been a PS guy since the first system. Plus, obviously, blasting zombies is always fun. MAG was just fun because it was bite size missions.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15noob
Does anyone have suggestions or thoughts on using an Eotech 512 with fixed front sights? Does it defeat the purpose?
Yes if it's zeroed then the dot sits on the sight post. But personally I don't see why you would want to cowitness. The only reson I would want to be looking at my irons thought my optics is because it's broken or out of batteries. Other than that I feel cow witnessing a perfectly operating optic only limits the field of view of the optic

Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Back on topic.

Most do use and would highly recommend running some sort of back-up sights w/ a RDS and even magnified optics.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
Back on topic.

Most do use and would highly recommend running some sort of back-up sights w/ a RDS and even magnified optics.
Thanks. After about a month of being on the forum I have learned allot and will be going out to purchase a S&W compliant, as I live in the great state of CT (to be read sarcastically of course) with EOTech 512 and magpul flip sights. I know and would want to build it but wanted to get my first AR under my belt, pour a few hundred, I mean a few thousand, rounds through it and then with my experience, AR number two will be on me to build.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
Back on topic.

Very try even though you have optics on. Always have back ups

Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #16

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15noob

Thanks. After about a month of being on the forum I have learned allot and will be going out to purchase a S&W compliant, as I live in the great state of CT (to be read sarcastically of course) with EOTech 512 and magpul flip sights. I know and would want to build it but wanted to get my first AR under my belt, pour a few hundred, I mean a few thousand, rounds through it and then with my experience, AR number two will be on me to build.
Your going to spend as much on sights/optics as you do your rifle?

Good lad!!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp

Your going to spend as much on sights/optics as you do your rifle?

Good lad!!
I had a $1000 limit on purchase #1, so I tried to find the overall best compromise of brand, characteristics and things that I wanted before building #2 on my own with EVERYTHING I wanted exactly. I did not want to cheap out just for price sake as that would be throwing good money out the window for sure. So the S&W purchase fit the most criteria, allowing me to come close, if not a little over budget, to get the sights as well. Tally Ho and let the plinking games begin!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If I had a $1000 budget for optics I'd be going with a trijicon. But the Eotechs are really nice too. I just like the magnification on the trijicon and fact you don't have a use batteries.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5720 Times on 3234 Posts
Likes Given: 5153

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfirepower View Post
Yes if it's zeroed then the dot sits on the sight post. But personally I don't see why you would want to cowitness. The only reson I would want to be looking at my irons thought my optics is because it's broken or out of batteries. Other than that I feel cow witnessing a perfectly operating optic only limits the field of view of the optic
You answered your own question. That's why they're called "back up" sights. to provide a back up if the optical sight is damaged or fails.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

You answered your own question. That's why they're called "back up" sights. to provide a back up if the optical sight is damaged or fails.
I was making a statement. there is people that co-witness while their optics are working fine. I find it weird that people would use both the red dot and irons at the same time. The reason i mentioned that was because I was under the impression that the op had a rifle with the triangular fixed front sight post