Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Easymag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Default Easymag

my easymags showed up today while i was snow mowing the driveway. ill post more about em as i get to use them with my AR15A1 and 458 Socom. 17$ each from sportsmans guide

first impressions they arrived in white boxes reminiscent of military issue. they are extremely high quality metal constructions feels like stamped steel. reminds me of older Czech made AK mags. much much much sturdier than the standard mil-surp M16 mags. they seem to be higher quality than pmag. dropping them full onto my living room carpet rounds dont pop out like my pmags do. im pretty clumsy at times this happens more than i care to admit.

i got 8 of em one for my socom and for my AR15A1 7 for my two ammo pouches +1 in the gun.

downside is they are substantially heavier than mil-sup aluminum mags. by a lot. you pay for the sturdy construction by weight gain

when the snow is done ill be taking em for a range visit.

and for those that dont give a rip about ar mags... my siamese cat:

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-01-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The entire mag is spring steel, so it's not stamped out of some thin crap. They are definitely solid.

How was the loading process and do you like them?

I love mine so far and have 10 loaded and ready to go in the safe, just in case.

They are definitely heavier than normal mags, no doubt about it, but they can also take more pushiment.

Looking forward to your range tests....

JD

Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

loading is easy as hell only thing easier is stripper clips. i have a ton of stripper clips but this is so way better i dont have to muck with them. i got a few old milsurp ammo boxes and i can just open them and dump the rounds in. i simply love these things so damn easy. it really makes loading the socom rounds easy. been playing with em for the last hour or so. i hope the wife doesnt catch me humping the things...

i got em purely on your recomendation. so if my wife catches me making sweet love to em im blaming you.

the wife is my shtf loader and rear guard. she hates stripper clips she gonna love these when i show em to her.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-01-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i got em purely on your recomendation. so if my wife catches me making sweet love to em im blaming you.

the wife is my shtf loader and rear guard. she hates stripper clips she gonna love these when i show em to her.
I honestly appreciate the trust. Thank you.

I got bail money for friends, and I'll take the blame, but I draw the line at stepping between you and the little woman.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
, but I draw the line at stepping between you and the little woman.
prolly a good idea lol. she is a damn good shot with the 50AE... only gun she shoots really well.

i showed her the easymags and she said so what it an ar15 mag. then i showed her why its called easy mag and she said she just got thumb boners!! lol she hates loading ar15 mags.

she has come a long way from being a california hippy.

Last edited by JonM; 02-01-2011 at 09:33 PM.