Dust cover removal- help!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Dust cover removal- help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
Laie:
How do you like that Spikes lower? I was considering buying one, but their website says a 8-12 month back order. Where did you buy and how much?
http://www.hawktecharms.com/Spikes-Tactical-AR15-Stripped-Lower-p/st-slr-bm.htm

I got it here at Hawktecharms.com if you want one you should get it ASAP because it says there is only 1 left in stock! I like it a lot really nice lower and no probs installing parts. I had to pay $125 for it here but that's the only place I could find it so it beats waiting months.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #12

You can ask if they have punisher stamped ones if interested. When I ordered mine Dan asked if I wanted the punisher one because they had some coming in and that was only about 2 weeks ago. I stuck with the spider logo tho

Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Laie:
How do you like that Spikes lower? I was considering buying one, but their website says a 8-12 month back order. Where did you buy and how much?
http://www.hawktecharms.com/Spikes-Tactical-AR15-Complete-Lower-p/st-slr-com.htm

They have 12 of these complete spikes lowers too FYI

Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi View Post

http://www.hawktecharms.com/Spikes-Tactical-AR15-Stripped-Lower-p/st-slr-bm.htm

I got it here at Hawktecharms.com if you want one you should get it ASAP because it says there is only 1 left in stock! I like it a lot really nice lower and no probs installing parts. I had to pay $125 for it here but that's the only place I could find it so it beats waiting months.
That's the only place I found mine at too. I bought mine when the had 27 left. About a month ago. Actually right after the re election of the jackass.

spit hell fire

Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #15

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

The hard part was finding a 1/7 twist mid length A2 style spikes upper. But I found one a guy had posted on a website from Texas for 509.00. Got lucky because that was harder to find than the lower. Now I'm just trying to stop myself from upgrading it. I keep seeing all that tacticool crap that I would never have a legitemate reason to put on my rifle. But I love the way it looks with all that stuff.

spit hell fire

Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #16

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Laie:
Thanks man. I'm still outta luck though. I want the pirate one with bullet markings and the paint fill. I have some M&P 15 stripped lowers, but 1) I want to save them and 2) They have a high shelf. The low shelf, looks, and it's made in FL is what drew me to Spike's. Any ideas? I want to build soon so I can start saving for a RDIAS. I was orig going to buy a complete top tier rifle, but after reading what members said here I'm going to build. Thanks all for the help!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock
The hard part was finding a 1/7 twist mid length A2 style spikes upper. But I found one a guy had posted on a website from Texas for 509.00. Got lucky because that was harder to find than the lower. Now I'm just trying to stop myself from upgrading it. I keep seeing all that tacticool crap that I would never have a legitemate reason to put on my rifle. But I love the way it looks with all that stuff.
Yeah I pretty much told myself I was gonna just build the rifle and keep it basic and now I have pretty much everything you can put on an ar15 (light, laser, grip pod, Troy battlesights, aimpoint optic, bad lever, MS3 sling, rail covers) and now thinking about getting the badass safety selector because the current one feel pretty sloppy. So needless to say you are not alone haha

Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Laie:
Thanks man. I'm still outta luck though. I want the pirate one with bullet markings and the paint fill. I have some M&P 15 stripped lowers, but 1) I want to save them and 2) They have a high shelf. The low shelf, looks, and it's made in FL is what drew me to Spike's. Any ideas? I want to build soon so I can start saving for a RDIAS. I was orig going to buy a complete top tier rifle, but after reading what members said here I'm going to build. Thanks all for the help!
You can do paint fill yourself easily if you wanna save a little dough. There are YouTube vids on how to DIY. I was also gonna buy a complete AR from a reputable company but after reading forums and doing some research online I decided it better to assemble it myself so I have all the parts I want without having to keep swapping things out all the time. Problem is, its so hard to find the quality parts INSTOCK but luckily I was able to get pretty much everything I wanted except the BCM BCG but the Noveske BCG shouldn't be too shabby. I wanted to get the A-DAC-F lower from AXTS Weapons Systems because of the awesome features it has (ambi bolt catch integrated into mag release button, tensioning screw, short throw 45deg compatible safety selector markings) that are not seen on most other lowers but their customer service said they stopped machining them for now because of the high demand for their billet lower (which is pretty awesome too but at high cost-$450). So they said it will be at least 6 mos till they start making more of the forged ones. The Spikes lower is what I wanted and got though I just saw the AXTS lowers after just looking around online. Are the RDIAS legal in everywhere? I know they are $10k+ but how much is it to be registered and is it annual or one time reg stamp?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #19

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi View Post
A shame they use the DPMS LPK and commercial receiver extension. I've used Hawktech and like them but they should do better. I'd recommend buying a stripped lower and put in milspec parts.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #20

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I think the RDIAS are legal in about 35 states. One time tax stamp of $200. I'm planning on this route versus a receiver bc I can put it in a modern ar and don't have to worry about the expensive receiver breaking. I'm new to NFA, no stamps yet, so if anyone with more exp advises against a RDIAS please say so and why.