Dti vs Dpms lowers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Dti vs Dpms lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Dti vs Dpms lowers

Is one better than the other? is there a difference? are they inferior to lets say a stag or s&w?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2010, 02:45 AM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have five lowers...two CMMG, M&P 15, R-Guns and a Rogio Arms...The only difference is the finish (The CMMG and the SW are great) and the nifty little logo on the Magwell. They all fit all of my uppers with no fitment problems.

I vote for the one who has the logo you like...just my .02

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-22-2010, 02:55 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have both and as JD says, with today’s technology one forged lower receiver is as good as another. And I agree 100% they both are good receivers.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you lined up a handful of forged lowers today, without seeing the rollmark (brand), about the only difference you might see is in coloration. Do some research and you'll find that there are about 4 major manufacturers of receivers, and a handful of smaller operations.

LMT = Lewis Machine and Tool = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster
Lewis Machine & Tool Company :: www.lewismachine.net

CMT= Continental Machine and Tool = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske (old), Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W, MGI (1st batch), Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
Continental Machine Tool Company, Inc.
Stag Arms - Worldwide Leader In AR Manufacturing (an individual corporation that was started by CMT)

LAR = some combination of the original owner's last initials = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
larmanufacturing.com - Home
largrizzly.com - Home

MMS=Mega Machine Shop = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms, Stinger, Spike's Tactical(old)
Mega Machine Shop :: Tumwater Washington (new)

Plus several more proprietary and smaller operations.

(borrowed from another site)

There are a few minor differences between the brands, but nothing major. Most will be cosmetic, with a few brands doing a bit more machining than others. There will also be brands that tend to fit better with matching uppers from the same brand than with others.

But for the most part, any of them will work well for building a complete SUR.

Slo

Old 01-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

A big plus one on the two previous posts.

Those two receivers are probably much closer to being twins then they are of being polar opposites.

If I held them behind my back, switched them around and gave you a view of each, you probably couldn't tell which was which.

Find the one you like the price on best and go with that one. Both are fine for a build purpose.

JD

Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #6

I wish my money would hurry up and get here. i think i've decided on this setup
this stag upper here Stag Arms and this dpms lower http://dynamicarmament.com/items/ar-15-lower-receivers/d-p-m-s-complete-lower-with-6-position-stock-dpmscompletelower6pos-detail.htm unless somebody knows a better deal on a complete lower

Old 01-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #7

what do you guys think?

Old 01-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #8

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith84 View Post
what do you guys think?
Pretty good prices for good products. If you have the money, I would look into a piston driven upper. They are clean, cool and smooth.
I will tell you this though, when it comes to AR's one is never enough.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 01-24-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 AM   #9

well budget is a big concern im a cook i could normally not afford a rifle like this but my dad and i both bought our houses within the time frame of the first time home buyers tax credit so were waiting on our ammendments to come back as soon as i get my money i plan on placing my order my dads givin me about 200 to go on it its gonna cost about 730 or so but i want a chrome lined barrel and no a2 front sight ill fix it up as i go i was thinkin of adding accessories, optics of course and eventually a fail zero bolt carrier and piston kit i also got my fiancee talked into lettin me get an h&k 40 cal from Guns for Sale for 539 i hope they still have them on sale i wish the irs would hurry up