Driving me crazy!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Driving me crazy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default Driving me crazy!!!

well, after months of research, due diligence and shopping for best pricing i finally pulled the trigger, so to speak.

I hit the buy button @ JoeBobs outfitters on a Palmetto State M4gery!

Now i am sitting and watching the FedUp tracking system and going NUTS. From KS to here its only a 10 hour drive....my package left KS 9a.m. yesterday. They estimate arrival tomorrow!

I can see it now, it will FINALLY arrive, i will go fill out the paper work at Sniperco...and the feds will put a 3 day hold on my purchase!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
well, after months of research, due diligence and shopping for best pricing i finally pulled the trigger, so to speak.

Now i am sitting and watching the FedUp tracking system and going NUTS. From KS to here its only a 10 hour drive....my package left KS 9a.m. yesterday. They estimate arrival tomorrow!

I can see it now, it will FINALLY arrive, i will go fill out the paper work at Sniperco...and the feds will put a 3 day hold on my purchase!
That's where I got my PSA from, you'll be happy with it I'm sure. Congrats on the new purchase.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yep, the waiting is the worst part. I had to wait 5-weeks for my RRA upper to arrive from the factory and it's really hard to be patient.

Congrats. on the new rifle! Joe Bob's does a fine job. The fact that they are able to keep guns in-stock and ready for shipment at such great prices is amazing.

Remember, patience is a virtue!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #4

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Did ya get the free T-shirt?

joebob.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

No I didn't get the free t-shirt! WTH, I found out after my order about it.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Did ya get the free T-shirt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
No I didn't get the free t-shirt! WTH, I found out after my order about it.
I concur... WTH i didnt know anything about it!!

I REFUSE to purchase items that advertise stores or companies (Rem, Win, Browning, GM , Cabelas etc) but i will happily advertise if they provide me with a cool garment for free...as happened with my newest hat...bought youngest boy a new compound bow for X-ma and it came with a free Winchester archery hat...i wear it all the time!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6035 Times on 3164 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Oh you know nothing of waiting until you start dealing with nfa items.... lol

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #8

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

What the hell causes the feds to put these holds on some people, I have a buddy and his dad who have this happen all the time, it has happened 4 times between the 2 of them in the last couple years. Once was for a S&W 357 the others were long guns, not ARs or AKs either, shotguns and such.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
What the hell causes the feds to put these holds on some people, I have a buddy and his dad who have this happen all the time, it has happened 4 times between the 2 of them in the last couple years. Once was for a S&W 357 the others were long guns, not ARs or AKs either, shotguns and such.
Names that are alike to known felons? Dunno, i have known guys that have this happen to them all the time as well...especialy the past couple years.

As of yet i have never had a wait on any gun. I always use my SS# when filling out paperwork tho and have a completely bleach clean record. That being said, i havent bought a new gun from an FFL in quite a while.

But i just KNOW that now that i have already been waiting (impatiently) for my newest "play thing" they will do me wrong.

1000 rounds of .223 burning a hole in my safe!!!!!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Yep, the waiting is the worst part. I had to wait 5-weeks for my RRA upper to arrive from the factory and it's really hard to be patient.

Congrats. on the new rifle! Joe Bob's does a fine job. The fact that they are able to keep guns in-stock and ready for shipment at such great prices is amazing.

Remember, patience is a virtue!
+1 on JoeBobs.

Never dealt with them before, but within a couple hours of me hitting the "buy" tab they had it shipped. Every place around i ask about the PSA i am told 6-8 weeks + lead time and MUCH more expensive than what i gave to JoeBobs. This is why i decided to buy NOW as opposed to waiting until the 17th and the gun show. With my luck i wouldnt find one, or a deal on one at the gun show and then JoeBobs would be sold out.

But now that i bought one i will prolly see one at the gun show for $500!