Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Driving me crazy!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/driving-me-crazy-59743/)

fmj 03-08-2012 04:07 PM

Driving me crazy!!!
 
well, after months of research, due diligence and shopping for best pricing i finally pulled the trigger, so to speak.

I hit the buy button @ JoeBobs outfitters on a Palmetto State M4gery!

Now i am sitting and watching the FedUp tracking system and going NUTS. From KS to here its only a 10 hour drive....my package left KS 9a.m. yesterday. They estimate arrival tomorrow!

I can see it now, it will FINALLY arrive, i will go fill out the paper work at Sniperco...and the feds will put a 3 day hold on my purchase!:confused::mad:

silverado113 03-08-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 733286)
well, after months of research, due diligence and shopping for best pricing i finally pulled the trigger, so to speak.

I hit the buy button @ JoeBobs outfitters on a Palmetto State M4gery!

Now i am sitting and watching the FedUp tracking system and going NUTS. From KS to here its only a 10 hour drive....my package left KS 9a.m. yesterday. They estimate arrival tomorrow!

I can see it now, it will FINALLY arrive, i will go fill out the paper work at Sniperco...and the feds will put a 3 day hold on my purchase!:confused::mad:

That's where I got my PSA from, you'll be happy with it I'm sure. Congrats on the new purchase.

Snakedriver 03-08-2012 04:13 PM

Yep, the waiting is the worst part. I had to wait 5-weeks for my RRA upper to arrive from the factory and it's really hard to be patient.

Congrats. on the new rifle! Joe Bob's does a fine job. The fact that they are able to keep guns in-stock and ready for shipment at such great prices is amazing.

Remember, patience is a virtue! :cool:

canebrake 03-08-2012 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did ya get the free T-shirt? ;)

silverado113 03-08-2012 04:26 PM

No I didn't get the free t-shirt! WTH, I found out after my order about it.

fmj 03-08-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 733297)
Did ya get the free T-shirt? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 733310)
No I didn't get the free t-shirt! WTH, I found out after my order about it.

I concur... WTH i didnt know anything about it!!

I REFUSE to purchase items that advertise stores or companies (Rem, Win, Browning, GM , Cabelas etc) but i will happily advertise if they provide me with a cool garment for free...as happened with my newest hat...bought youngest boy a new compound bow for X-ma and it came with a free Winchester archery hat...i wear it all the time!

JonM 03-08-2012 04:40 PM

Oh you know nothing of waiting until you start dealing with nfa items.... lol

blucoondawg 03-08-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 733286)
well, after months of research, due diligence and shopping for best pricing i finally pulled the trigger, so to speak.

I hit the buy button @ JoeBobs outfitters on a Palmetto State M4gery!

Now i am sitting and watching the FedUp tracking system and going NUTS. From KS to here its only a 10 hour drive....my package left KS 9a.m. yesterday. They estimate arrival tomorrow!

I can see it now, it will FINALLY arrive, i will go fill out the paper work at Sniperco...and the feds will put a 3 day hold on my purchase!:confused::mad:

What the hell causes the feds to put these holds on some people, I have a buddy and his dad who have this happen all the time, it has happened 4 times between the 2 of them in the last couple years. Once was for a S&W 357 the others were long guns, not ARs or AKs either, shotguns and such.

fmj 03-08-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 733330)
What the hell causes the feds to put these holds on some people, I have a buddy and his dad who have this happen all the time, it has happened 4 times between the 2 of them in the last couple years. Once was for a S&W 357 the others were long guns, not ARs or AKs either, shotguns and such.

Names that are alike to known felons? :confused: Dunno, i have known guys that have this happen to them all the time as well...especialy the past couple years.

As of yet i have never had a wait on any gun. I always use my SS# when filling out paperwork tho and have a completely bleach clean record. That being said, i havent bought a new gun from an FFL in quite a while.

But i just KNOW that now that i have already been waiting (impatiently) for my newest "play thing" they will do me wrong.

1000 rounds of .223 burning a hole in my safe!!!!!

fmj 03-08-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakedriver (Post 733293)
Yep, the waiting is the worst part. I had to wait 5-weeks for my RRA upper to arrive from the factory and it's really hard to be patient.

Congrats. on the new rifle! Joe Bob's does a fine job. The fact that they are able to keep guns in-stock and ready for shipment at such great prices is amazing.

Remember, patience is a virtue! :cool:

+1 on JoeBobs.

Never dealt with them before, but within a couple hours of me hitting the "buy" tab they had it shipped. Every place around i ask about the PSA i am told 6-8 weeks + lead time and MUCH more expensive than what i gave to JoeBobs. This is why i decided to buy NOW as opposed to waiting until the 17th and the gun show. With my luck i wouldnt find one, or a deal on one at the gun show and then JoeBobs would be sold out.

But now that i bought one i will prolly see one at the gun show for $500!
:rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.