Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Dressing up your AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

OoOo let me know how that hand guard works out for you. Been keeping my eye on that one. Pics plz. I do like the dissapator look with long rails! Pron plzz!

I think you can forgo the fore grip and shed a little weight if you can get comfortable with the thumb over grip.

If you get LaRue qd mounts (or any high quality QD mounts), you can swap out the RDS and Scope with little to no loss of zero.

I am getting a qd mount for my lights (scope rings work fantastically for this).

I love the modularity of ARs
Once I grab the new rail I'll definitely give the thumb over c-clamp hold another go, and I expect to find it easier and more comfortable with a tune rail instead of a quad. In which case, the foregrip can be dropped as well, but I may throw the AFG back on if it helps make the angle at the wrist more comfortable.

Would have to really trial and error light positions that way to see what allows me the greatest manipulation of the light with the smallest change from normal firing hand positions.

Either way, a pistol is in the pipe before any further upgrades to the AR. I need a sidearm! (M&P9 is what I want)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Lean and mean 16" carbine here. MOE handguards, stock and grip, a good VTAC or VCAS sling and a bunch of scratches and dings. That'll do. Keep her under 8 lbs with 30rds in the magazine.
+1 for the VTAC sling. I wouldn't go any other way, it's just to easy to manipulate with the long draw-cord and whatnot, makes synching the weapon to your chest for transitioning to a sidearm as easy as it can possibly be without a good ole' tap to the boys.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5500 Times on 3114 Posts
Likes Given: 4776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_ View Post
+1 for the VTAC sling. I wouldn't go any other way, it's just to easy to manipulate with the long draw-cord and whatnot, makes synching the weapon to your chest for transitioning to a sidearm as easy as it can possibly be without a good ole' tap to the boys.
I like a good optic, like an ACOG, EOTECH or Aimpoint, and a good 3 point sling.

Nothing else, unless you have the $11,500 for a thermal imaging sight.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #14

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I'm a MOE guy myself, I likem light and short . However I have a troy trx vtac 15" on the way . When my other 2 receivers get here one is going to be a 20" retro for my dad and the other is going to be a long wait but it will be a 10.5" sbr . That will be it for a while until I can save up for a SCAR 17S