DPMS Recon - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

DPMS Recon

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
Honestly I couldn't care less about anyone's opinion of DPMS because I have my own. I was just looking for anyone that has a gun of the specific model I mentioned. I know that this is a good deal I'm just trying to see if it's worth the trouble for krypt because he has a functioning AR, he just hates the way it looks. The guy he is able to get it from works for Remington at their ammo plant, as you know same company owns them and a few others. So the rifle in question is new from the factory and parts are easy to come by since I have quite a few as well as all the necessary tools.
Sounds like you're simply looking for confirmation for a desicion you and your buddy have already made.

Someone asked why people would purchase DPMS If they are so hit and miss and exibit such shady business practices. Well here you go. Question answered.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #52

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3496 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay WOAH!! Everybody take a breather here for a moment

First off Mike, you didn't read my post, though you quoted it several times.

It DOES NOT say the upper isn't important. It says that if the OP wants this upper, and he doesn't order the BCG with it (because you mentioned they don't stake theirs so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt) then it MINIMIZES the amount of individual parts that could be messed up on assembly. That is all it says. Find where I said it does not say anything but that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

1) If he is just looking for an upper, the whole argument about cutting corners and piss poor assembly is greatly reduced. Outside of the BCG, which could be omitted and a golden one ordered, there are only a small handful of parts in the upper that could be "messed up".
You missed read it, you reacted and got called out on it. I pulled my post back to you, but a couple of people read it and they commented that it had points to the counter-argument.

You made a blanket statement about an entire company and I take exception to that because you have no way of knowing what their QC standards are, or are not.

Facts being facts, if you produce more of anything from marbles to missiles, the more you make, the greater the deviation is going to be from the medium line of perfect. DPMS and Bushmaster, two brands you dislike, have produced FAR more product than some of the newer companies. Cross sampling is obviously going to show more defects on more units, but more accepted units are never factored in, and this is a classic internet MISS point when talking about quality.

I pulled my post because this arguing does NOTHING for the OP. I learned quite some time ago that being right isn't necessarily going to help the membership here grow and prosper.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would someday like to see companies represented here with giveaways and specials for members only. We don't do that by alienating new members, or less educated members, when they need help.

So here is what I am going to do in the hopes of proving, or disproving, this argument once and for all.

TO THE OP: PLEASE PM ME!!

I would like to ask you about your goals with this rifle change out or upgrade. As long as you don't want to become a Top 3 competitor in a 3 Gun Championship with a $600 rifle and your expectations are realistic (no 1,000 yard headshots or 1,000,000 million round rifle life) then here is what I will offer:

Buy the item in question. Shoot it. If it does NOT work for you and what you need it to do, send it to my shop, registered mail, I will sign for it. I will then have it fixed by my master gunsmith who I work with, documenting the steps that were indeed needed and post it here for all to see. I will do this free of charge. I am going to ask notdku, who is the site owner here, to vouch for me on the guarantee that you will get the weapon back.

I don't know of any other forum that would offer this type of guarantee. I have done this before on two occasions that can be found in my post history and neither time did I have to do anything as the weapons in question were finely suited for their buyer.

I submit this as an end to this blanket argument before anyone needs a timeout or disciplinary action.

Thanks to all for reading.

JD
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #53

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Sounds like you're simply looking for confirmation for a desicion you and your buddy have already made.

Someone asked why people would purchase DPMS If they are so hit and miss and exibit such shady business practices. Well here you go. Question answered.
Well, if freedom group owned anymore AR companies we would be happy to look at them. We have access to these gun at cost basically so we would like to be prepared for any problems with the specific model if it is even worth getting.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #54
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7175 Times on 3819 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
Well, if freedom group owned anymore AR companies we would be happy to look at them. We have access to these gun at cost basically so we would like to be prepared for any problems with the specific model if it is even worth getting.
at cost i would jump on it. any issues it has can be fixed cheaper than the price diff for retail!! since he has inside contacts, customer service isnt likely to be an issue.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #55
bkt

Liked 1306 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

MikeJK, I know you're trying to help and that's appreciated. But essentially saying "no, you're wrong" without backing up your comment with specifics or saying people said something is unimportant when they never said any such thing does nothing to lend credibility to you. For the record, I have read this thread through completely, focusing on your posts. I won't go into it because frankly no one gives a damn, but you're mistaken on a few of your assertions on what others wrote as well as what you (didn't) write.

Dillinger has a history of cogent, intelligible posts that have helped many folks. He isn't argumentative and if you make a good point and correct him, he'll be receptive to it. You...might want to take a page out of his book.

When you cite as "fact" the following: Not only do they cut corners and cross their fingers the end user doesn't actually use the ARs they coble together they are dishonest and used car salesman slimy. And their stuff is way overpriced. it might help others if you described in lurid technical detail HOW they cut corners. Making an assertion without backing it up with some first-hand experiences doesn't really provide useful information.
People Like This 
Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #56

Liked 362 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Meh. I changed my mind, it's not worth it......
I gave up several threads ago....lol

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #57

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I gave up several threads ago....lol
Giving up is how all sorts of bad **** gets through this world!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #58

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

So how does just getting an upper greatly reduce the argument of cutting corners or piss poor assemble? And if you take the small hand full of parts that can be messed up off of an upper what is left?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #59
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7175 Times on 3819 Posts
Likes Given: 552

i dont know how to say it more clear. not everyone needs or wants a battle worthy carbine. most folks will do just fine with a gun of less quality. we understand you dont like dpms or bushmaster or other lesser ar15 companies.

if someone ask me whats the best ar15 dpms wouldnt make the list but im not going to actively campaign against em

at any rate this thread is done. my apologies to the OP. please start a new thread and we can try again
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Closed Thread