DPMS Recon - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS Recon

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I knew it wouldn't take long for you to find me and snipe--now that the "blow em all away, let God sort them out" stand your ground discussion got shut down.

I live next to a privately owned track of land where I have permission to shoot as often as I like, and do. I may not be operating at full auto and expending 1,000's of rounds daily in a simulated battle (which you seem to suggest is the standard for AR's)--but my DPMS's are no closet queens and I bet more rounds go down my barrels than the average shooter sends. Totally trouble free.

You need to go to the DPMS facebook page and let all the users there know of how badly hoodwinked they are--many of them are active-duty army and marines who use DPMS weapons stateside and entrust the defense of their families to DPMS's.

I dare ya to venture out of this small fishbowl to the land of real users!

Last edited by pantherBDC; 07-06-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 117 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherBDC View Post
You need to go to the DPMS facebook page and let all the users there know of how badly hoodwinked they are--many of them are active-duty army and marines who use DPMS weapons stateside and entrust the defense of their families to DPMS's.!

That they are active duty marines and army does NOT make them weapons experts. Any more than being a competitive eater makes someone a chef. One does not equal the other. I understand your desire to defend your decision to purchase and continue to use DPMS, but it's like defending your Chrysler "K" car to all your muscle car buddies. It will get you from point "A" to point "B" but it ain't the same.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Quentin Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW1066 View Post
That they are active duty marines and army does NOT make them weapons experts. Any more than being a competitive eater makes someone a chef. One does not equal the other. I understand your desire to defend your decision to purchase and continue to use DPMS, but it's like defending your Chrysler "K" car to all your muscle car buddies. It will get you from point "A" to point "B" but it ain't the same.

EDUB
As a retired Marine and PMI (primary marksmanship instructor) I could tell you some stories about Marines and their lack of weapons knowledge and handling skills.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #14

Liked 1099 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I'm just wondering, in no way am I a AR expert!!! If this company is so bad why are they still around?? If so usually people would not be buying and they would go under, correct? Another question, have all of you owned DPMS guns? Like I said no expert just want to buy a AR!!

Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
I knew it wouldn't take long for you to find me and snipe--now that the "blow em all away, let God sort them out" stand your ground discussion got shut down.

I live next to a privately owned track of land where I have permission to shoot as often as I like, and do. I may not be operating at full auto and expending 1,000's of rounds daily in a simulated battle (which you seem to suggest is the standard for AR's)--but my DPMS's are no closet queens and I bet more rounds go down my barrels than the average shooter sends. Totally trouble free.

You need to go to the DPMS facebook page and let all the users there know of how badly hoodwinked they are--many of them are active-duty army and marines who use DPMS weapons stateside and entrust the defense of their families to DPMS's.

Find you? I guess I didn't realize this was your thread or that I was seeking you out. A little bit arrogant on your part.

Snipe? Since when was talking factually sniping. I have had personal experience w/ DPMS and relayed the experience. Sorry if your feelings were hurt in the process.

Are you arguing the fact that the AR/M16 family of weapons was created for the purpose of fighting wars?

I have talked to a DPMS rep. He danced and squirmed from start to finish.

I have been on FB and talked to their pride and joy owners the posted up in all their gear and scarfs. Same thing as their rep.

Omega Zombie? An event put on by DPMS. Seriously? You could choke to death on the airsoft gear or die from the fumes put off by the cheap Chinese plastic.

Fishbowl? Real users? I won't comment anymore on that subject, lol. Well, why not. I put in the time and invest the money. I take classes monthly and supplent the time b/w at numerous private and public ranges. I'm burning upwards of 1k rounds a month. I don't remember the last time my butt touched a shooting bench (that happens when you shoot w/ fellow 11Bs and 0311s) other than 1 year ago when I let my now 4 y/o send rounds down range. So yeah, you hit the nail on the head this time .

DPMS is low quality junk for the same price as quality kit.

No need to get defensive as it's just a firearm and it sounds like your sample of 1 is working for you.

Last edited by MikeJK; 07-06-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #16

Liked 1103 Times on 775 Posts
Likes Given: 1116

Quote:
... You need to go to the DPMS facebook page and let all the users there know of how badly hoodwinked they are--many of them are active-duty army and marines who use DPMS weapons stateside and entrust the defense of their families to DPMS's.

Actually you should venture out to M4Carbine.net, Lightfighter, 10-8 and other forums where many active duty military and LE hang out. I'm afraid you'd be eaten alive in those fishbowls!

No one's saying you shouldn't enjoy your DPMS, just be careful who you recommend them to (I.E. new buyers). I have stuff that works for me that I hesitate to recommend since it's a sample of one or two.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #17

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I'm just wondering, in no way am I a AR expert!!! If this company is so bad why are they still around?? If so usually people would not be buying and they would go under, correct? Another question, have all of you owned DPMS guns? Like I said no expert just want to buy a AR!!
Because the majority of people don't shoot enough to realize the difference and then tell their buddies who don't shoot enough to realize the difference and the guy at the gun store tells them that they are the greatest because he doesn't shoot enough to know the difference and is just trying to make a buck.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #18

Liked 1099 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

Because the majority of people don't shoot enough to realize the difference and then tell their buddies who don't shoot enough to realize the difference and the guy at the gun store tells them that they are the greatest because he doesn't shoot enough to know the difference and is just trying to make a buck.
I'm asking now for the same price as an DPMS what other AR companies are out there? I've never built a gun, so I don't know about building a AR since I've never shot one. My friend has a S&W M&P 15, but paid quite a bit for it.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #19

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

I'm asking now for the same price as an DPMS what other AR companies are out there? I've never built a gun, so I don't know about building a AR since I've never shot one. My friend has a S&W M&P 15, but paid quite a bit for it.
Palmettostatearmory.com go check it out.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK
Not only do they cut corners and cross their fingers the end user doesn't actually use the ARs they coble together they are dishonest and used car salesman slimy. And their stuff is way overpriced.
Well krypt nor I would normally by one but we can get a new one directly from the factory for about 570. So since krypt hates his current A2 upper and has a great deal in front of him he wants to know if anyone owns a recon in 223.

Closed Thread