Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS Panther Oracle 16" SS flattop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default DPMS Panther Oracle 16" SS flattop

Got it today on GB for $679.00 delivered. I've own/ed Colts, RR, PWA's etc but this is first "beginning" lower end, AR and I hope to hear from other owners just how great it is, .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #2

Liked 944 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 933

Pretty nice price for any brand in stainless. Hope it works out well for you!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

paul Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #3

Default DPMS Panther Oracle

Thank you for encouragement. I have come to realize that this same rifle has been increasing in price regularly the past year. This time last year these same type rifles could be had in the mid $500.00's. I found one for $629.00. but s/h was $45.00. I'd rather pay my guy extra up front than get taken on over priced s/h charges.
Looking for some ammo, most all 5.56mm is FMJ ball and ranges don't let me shoot that. Hollow points are fine. Anyhow, it's the FMJ stuff that is cheapest.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #4

Well once you get set up we definitely want a range report! Is this an indoor range that doesn't want rifle FMJ?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

paul Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #5

Default DPMS Panther

No, it's an outdoor range, garland public, also elm fork, both outdoor ranges. Which, that's another topic. Imoved to TX in '07, figured a state like here would have great outdoor ranges. Nope, far from it. Lucky to find ones that offer 200yd rifle lanes. The nice indoor are outrageous. All the land here is owned and people don't like folks to do anything for free anymore. Used to go to rivers and shoot, not anymore. I drive 3 hrs to OKC Gunclub and it's worth it. $100.00 a year membership for one of the best ranges, imo, in this region. May have to wait a year but at my age another year comes and goes pretty quickly anymore.
I'll definitely try to bring picture/range report etc. I want to bragg more about OKC Gun Club later.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. I'd never have guessed that in TX! I thought they were more like AZ and ID, wide open spaces, lots of BLM land to shoot on.

______

paul Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #7

Default DPMS Panther

My FFL called, I'll have my black panther rifle by this Friday, I'm happy. Learning how to upload pictures to the forum this week, have a teacher now. Yeah, the ranges here, check out NSSF and go to TX ranges. Google them and you'll see what you get around here, not much most of the time. Hey, I really would like to go to N.M. Roca Baton? Any legal gun owner can shoot there for very reasonable rates.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1160 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Thanks for the info. I'd never have guessed that in TX! I thought they were more like AZ and ID, wide open spaces, lots of BLM land to shoot on.
IIRC, 97 - 98% of the land in TX is privately owned. Public hunting land is almost non-existent in the Lone Star State. Davy Crockett National Forest in E TX is one of the few.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #9

Default DPMS Panther/ranges

I failed to mention that TX does have what I think to be a good public hunting land program. Over a million acres. It's not hunted out either. Maybe a few more game wardens and park personel but I like it that way, especially on public. I do disagree with parks policy on letting feral hog kills stay where they lay, if hunter decides not to harvest, on public land. Other than that, wastefulness is prosecuted severely. Fine by me.