DPMS Oracle .223/5.56
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

DPMS Oracle .223/5.56

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default DPMS Oracle .223/5.56

I just bought one and looking to upgrade on a budget. Anyone have advise?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Advice? Buy lots of ammo and magazines then go out and shoot it. Don't put a lot of junk on it. Don't do labor intensive upgrades, just what you need like irons and an RDS. Keep a cheap gun cheap, don't double the price with upgrades, you'll never get that money back if you try to sell it later.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
paul Likes This 
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've read reviews on the gun an they are a bit mixed views on it. I haven't had a chance to take it out does it not handle well?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #4

Liked 1314 Times on 742 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix1904 View Post
I've read reviews on the gun an they are a bit mixed views on it. I haven't had a chance to take it out does it not handle well?
I have a DPMS Panther carbine, it handles fine for what I use it for. I take it to the range on occasion and put holes in the splattering targets.

Your DPMS will work fine for plinking, range, coyotes, even hog hunting.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

When I get home from work, I'll post you links to some fun upgrades. Quad rail, flip up sights, vertical front grip, etc. All of them at budget prices. And all products that I've personally used so I can attest to their quality

Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #7

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix1904 View Post
I just bought one and looking to upgrade on a budget. Anyone have advise?
What I did to my DPMS was install a Vltor E-Mod Stock and a Ergo Grip from Falcon Industries. It already had a free float forend from the factory, so I left it because there was nothing to "improve". On my other AR-15's I did much the same but included a Midwest Industries 2 piece, 4 rail forend. I generally buy everything from Man Venture Outpost because they have the best prices on everything except the Ergo Grips. Those I get from Midway.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/

As far as anything internal I wouldn't bother making any changes. I always keep a spare bolt carrier group, firing pin, extractor, etc., in my range bag when I shoot any AR-15 at the range. I've yet to have to go into it and replace anything.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #8

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Id advise you to make sure you have sights, plenty of ammo and go shoot it. A lot. Have fun with it.
Shoot it prone, benched, kneeling, freehand, with then without a sling, make like your wedding night.

After shooting think about your likes and dislikes. Then see if you can make some upgrades.

I'm mean seriously how are you gonna upgrade it without having a baseline for improvment. Don't dump ur money into so early. Most upgrades are just minor changes, not many are gamechanger.
paul Likes This 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #9

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Id advise you to make sure you have sights, plenty of ammo and go shoot it. A lot. Have fun with it.
Shoot it prone, benched, kneeling, freehand, with then without a sling, make like your wedding night.

After shooting think about your likes and dislikes. Then see if you can make some upgrades.

I'm mean seriously how are you gonna upgrade it without having a baseline for improvment. Don't dump ur money into so early. Most upgrades are just minor changes, not many are gamechangers. Since this is first and you've already bought it, break her in first.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Yes! Someone else knows the difference between advice and advise. That's worth saying twice, Tikki!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek