DPMS Moe Warrior

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS Moe Warrior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default DPMS Moe Warrior

So me and the wife went about a month ago and decided we both wanted Ar's and I found one I liked and so did she. Hers is a S&W 15-22 and mine is the DPMS. I have not shot it yet because of my vacation trip and being busy at work and the other firearms ive bought needed some sighting in. Well im hoping this weekend or next I will be able to take it out and run some rounds through it. The one thing im not 100% sure on is the rear flip up sight. I might replace it with a carry handle sight but not sure of how the plastic flip up will hold. Any body have a problem with the plastic sight or am I just worrying to much? Maby a metal one, whats your thoughts. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #2

Dont know why the picture didnt load.

forumrunner_20131004_075040.jpg  

Old 10-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5526 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 359

If the plastic ones are magpul mbus they are stronger than metal ones as in they will take more abuse and keep functioning. Plenty of drop tests show that the magpul plastic sights are tougher than the metal ones one most cases.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
If the plastic ones are magpul mbus they are stronger than metal ones as in they will take more abuse and keep functioning. Plenty of drop tests show that the magpul plastic sights are tougher than the metal ones one most cases.
Im not sure, I will have to look when I get home. Im at Cabela's right now waiting for them to I open to see if they have any 22lr then im going home, changing and going squirrel hunting.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes it is the mbus sight. I will just sight it in with that untill I have a problem, if I do. Thanks again.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #6

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Yes it is the mbus sight. I will just sight it in with that untill I have a problem, if I do. Thanks again.
You wont have a problem with it and if you do Magpul will take care of you .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 10-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #7

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Just make sure it's not the MBUS airsoft version. Probably not on a new gun but worth checking.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1993 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
I don't believe a mbus plastic sight will hold it's 'zero' as long as a good metal flip up (Troy?). Having wiggled, waggled and finagled the magpul, I just don't believe it would