DPMS Issues continued - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS Issues continued

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Thanks for checking that out, Dillinger. I have had no complaints with mine. Now and then I clean it and lube it with Royal Purple, close the door and away we go again.

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #22

Liked 3738 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Exactly ... now if only there was some way all AR information could be organized and categorized for analysis, really broken down spec by spec ... maybe a Chart of sorts ... none of this would be happening

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Exactly ... ... maybe a Chart of sorts ... none of this would be happening

LOL - I don't think that would be a good idea. Then it would get quoted all out of context and a whole sub species of AR aficionados would swear allegiance to it and forsake doing any real research. Wait. What?

JD

Old 07-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've always been told that a decent AR should be able to fire ANY kind of ammo like an AK, fire continuous auto like a 50 caliber machine gun, deliver a round with the impact of a smart bomb and, in a pinch, be used as a jack to lift an Abrams tank off the ground in case it needs work on it's tracks. Is this not true?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
My point was some people knowingly by lower quality ARs and are fine with it. Why, you may ask. Because sometimes you can find them on sale or lightly used below the price point of higher end stuff. These people don't care if the rifle has issues because they expect it. Do you really think people who want to buy a rifle for the first time really take the advice solely from one person. I don't think so especially in our world where information is at your fingertips.

Why when you can get a lot more for a similar price?

The biggest reason not to recommend lower quality ARs when quality can be had for a similar price.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #26

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

Why when you can get a lot more for a similar price?

The biggest reason not to recommend lower quality ARs when quality can be had for a similar price.
Then how are the "lower quality" AR company's still in business if you can get so much better for the same price?
Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post

Lets just say that DPMS produces an amount of rifles equal to what Daniel Defense and BCM produce combined. I imagine this isn't correct but lets assume for our purpose. Find all the issues you can w/ DD and BCM and post it up.

Any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
LOL - I don't think that would be a good idea. Then it would get quoted all out of context and a whole sub species of AR aficionados would swear allegiance to it and forsake doing any real research. Wait. What?

JD
How about a chart where the companies themselves fill in the information? Oh wait it's been done. Companies like BM and DPMS will refuse to participate like they have in the past. Why?

If you all want to support a shady producer of low quality equipment go for it. Us that actually put roundsdown range require a little more out of our gear. I know we're the 1%-5% so I'm not surprised at all by the resistance . You don't know what you don't know.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Then how are the "lower quality" AR company's still in business if you can get so much better for the same price?
One reason = the same reason people keep asking the same questions even though they have already been answered. Laziness.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #29

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

One reason = the same reason people keep asking the same questions even though they have already been answered. Laziness.
So laziness of the "lower end" AR companies is what keeps them in business? Or laziness of the "higher quality" companies not producing as much? Either way that doesn't make sense on how laziness is keeping them in business

Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3040 Times on 1586 Posts
Likes Given: 294

I do not see the point of continuing to "bash" DPMS (or any other brand) without solid evidence. Posting a bunch of links is not evidence. It appears to be more of the old "baffle them with bullsh!t" philosophy.

Are there alternatives to DPMS? Sure. Are there beetter "quality" rifles at an equal cost? Probably. Is the F-150 better or worse than the Silverado 1500 or the Ram 1500? Heck, the Titan is MUCH better!

I think we are done here.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Closed Thread