DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
No offense....but just so I understand....after all that "rant" (your words), you are recommending the $1500 dollar rifle?
recommending, no, said if you are going to spend that much money, then get... everyone on here seems to think that it is about quality, or who makes what. Barrett has a very good reputation, so... was suggesting, over their price range competitors.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #72

@mjkeat yeah colts can be had for under 1k, their very bottom of the line! which isnt that the same as buying a "cheap" ar?

@Quentin- Then dont read, as you noted nova stated, and also reformatted and reposted it! you dont want to read, then why reply?

@paccerelli- ftf or jam is not operator error, having a receiver explode, that one was a colt, have to see what model it was, is not operator error, ill see if i can find the pics of that one, was a few years back, and using .223 v/s 556, but as you pointed out, you get what you pay for, but doesnt always mean it will "perform better". defense review of the colt- The USA’s M4 Carbine Controversy

Lastly, I like how everyone else with the exception of a couple who have replied believe that their opinion is the way it is and want to bash someone else for having one! believe what you want to believe as to which is better, thats your right to have opinion. But like i stated, just because it has a certain stamp on the side doesnt mean it is better. You want to defend colt, do some research on them and QC first!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #73

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy216

recommending, no, said if you are going to spend that much money, then get... everyone on here seems to think that it is about quality, or who makes what. Barrett has a very good reputation, so... was suggesting, over their price range competitors.
Ok...just was a little confused, you went on about the less expensive guns v. Colt, then tossed out the Barrett. Spun me around a little, that's all.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #74

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy216 View Post
... now tha i am done ranting, if you want to spend your money on a good ar, save and get a barrett ar, yes, i said a barrett, same price as colt, at around 1500 base price if you can find it! they make a reliable 50 cal with no complaints, seems to me they would make a great ar also!
Well that makes a lot of sense telling us if we want a good AR to buy a Barrett for $1500 even though you admit you have no experience with it.

Quote:
@mjkeat yeah colts can be had for under 1k, their very bottom of the line! which isnt that the same as buying a "cheap" ar? ...
Not at all, a $1000 Colt most certainly is not bottom of the line.

Quote:
... @Quentin- Then dont read, as you noted nova stated, and also reformatted and reposted it! you dont want to read, then why reply?...
Ok you got me to read. I'm sorry I did, a total waste of my time.

Quote:
... @paccerelli- ftf or jam is not operator error, having a receiver explode, that one was a colt, have to see what model it was, is not operator error, ill see if i can find the pics of that one, was a few years back, and using .223 v/s 556, but as you pointed out, you get what you pay for, but doesnt always mean it will "perform better". defense review of the colt- The USA’s M4 Carbine Controversy...
Yes, please elaborate.

Quote:
... Lastly, I like how everyone else with the exception of a couple who have replied believe that their opinion is the way it is and want to bash someone else for having one!...
So let me get this straight, you're describing yourself?

Quote:
... believe what you want to believe as to which is better, thats your right to have opinion. But like i stated, just because it has a certain stamp on the side doesnt mean it is better. You want to defend colt, do some research on them and QC first!
I have done my research, apparently more so than yourself. There are reasons the US military buys Colt and it isn't just cost. You may want to peruse the M4 TDP.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #75

Quote:
@mjkeat yeah colts can be had for under 1k, their very bottom of the line! which isnt that the same as buying a "cheap" ar?

@Quentin- Then dont read, as you noted nova stated, and also reformatted and reposted it! you dont want to read, then why reply?

@paccerelli- ftf or jam is not operator error, having a receiver explode, that one was a colt, have to see what model it was, is not operator error, ill see if i can find the pics of that one, was a few years back, and using .223 v/s 556, but as you pointed out, you get what you pay for, but doesnt always mean it will "perform better". defense review of the colt- The USA’s M4 Carbine Controversy

Lastly, I like how everyone else with the exception of a couple who have replied believe that their opinion is the way it is and want to bash someone else for having one! believe what you want to believe as to which is better, thats your right to have opinion. But like i stated, just because it has a certain stamp on the side doesnt mean it is better. You want to defend colt, do some research on them and QC first!
I have been following this thread. Its funny how people ask for others advice and opinion but when they get it, if it is not what they want to hear they get pissed off. In my book pointing out shortcomings in a gun and advising you on why you should stay away from a make or model is not "bashing" but should be looked at as someone trying to help you from making a bad choice. If you don't like others advice stay away from forums. That's just my opinion.

I guess all the people that get on here and cry about their POS dpms, bushmaster or other low end gun must all be full of **** because according to you they are all the same quality.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Last edited by cfraga1978; 01-10-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Well that makes a lot of sense telling us if we want a good AR to buy a Barrett for $1500 even though you admit you have no experience with it.

Yes, please elaborate.

I have done my research, apparently more so than yourself. There are reasons the US military buys Colt and it isn't just cost. You may want to peruse the M4 TDP.
obviously you have done your research, especially when it pertains to colt! even after i put the review of it up! and by looking at your other posts and arguments over the 5.56 round, you have done so much research as for the power of what you used compared to today, that you fail to realize that it is a different round that they are complaining about, not a 55 gr that you used, thanks to nato! your entire argument from one thread to the next is contradictory. this one is ok, that one is not, ect, yet in another post, you say the opposite. sorry you dont like my opinion, but i wont lose any sleep over it.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Yes, please elaborate.

"Well that should about cover the flyby...."
--Viper, from Top Gun

Old 01-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978 View Post
I have been following this thread. Its funny how people ask for others advice and opinion but when they get it, if it is not what they want to hear they get pissed off. In my book pointing out shortcomings in a gun and advising you on why you should stay away from a make or model is not "bashing" but should be looked at as someone trying to help you from making a bad choice. If you don't like others advice stay away from forums. That's just my opinion.

I guess all the people that get on here and cry about their POS dpms, bushmaster or other low end gun must all be full of **** because according to you they are all the same quality.
First, i was not asking for a opinion, i was stating one. Second, I was responding to others throughout the post, as the rest of you did. I guess since i am new here than my "opinion " or experience is irrelevant then huh? My response was to the original questions about cheaper ar's, and i pointed out the shortcomings of colt and everyone panics, even though it is and has been documented since the early 80's.

I'm suppose to "respect" someones opinion, yet remain quiet with mine? Another member posted in the ar forum on the front page, a older thread, and stated close to the same opinion when comparing budget to expensive ar's, and many of the same people who criticized me, praised him for stating the same view! And all I said was just because it has a known name brand does not make it better!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #79

Quote:

First, i was not asking for a opinion, i was stating one. Second, I was responding to others throughout the post, as the rest of you did. I guess since i am new here than my "opinion " or experience is irrelevant then huh? My response was to the original questions about cheaper ar's, and i pointed out the shortcomings of colt and everyone panics, even though it is and has been documented since the early 80's.

I'm suppose to "respect" someones opinion, yet remain quiet with mine? Another member posted in the ar forum on the front page, a older thread, and stated close to the same opinion when comparing budget to expensive ar's, and many of the same people who criticized me, praised him for stating the same view! And all I said was just because it has a known name brand does not make it better!
Look man, I'm new here as well. But let me just throw this out to you....

I went back through this thread. I stopped counting at 10, on page 3, the number of people who share YOUR opinion. People who have stated very similar arguments WELL BEFORE you jumped in.

Your interaction with the detractors is the ONLY one that has devolved to this level....beyond what everyone else has been able to resign to the obligatory "agree to disagree".

I would RESPECTFULLY...and that word is important...I would respectfully suggest you read their posts first, then read your FIRST post again, and try to come to a conclusion as to why that might be.

Regards.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #80

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

thatguy216, I am not necessarily criticizing your choice of AR, whatever it is. If it works for you, great. But don't try to tell us a bargain basement AR is as good as a fighting AR. It isn't, at least in that application. And if DPMS is as good as... then continuing your logic it must follow that Vulcan, Hesse and Blackthorne also are as good as... Is that what you're saying? If not, where do you draw the line? And why?

And if I occasionally contradict myself, sorry about that. Dock me an hour's pay then, once in a while we all misstep. Sometimes you're grumpy, sometimes not. Unless you copy and paste everything differences will creep in.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.