DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1252 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 525

To be listed by the BBB all a you have to do is pay your dues on time. Just because a business does not join the BBB does not mean they are a bad business.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #52

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

well not to make anyone mad but im the police chief in sullivan city texas and this is what i carry on patrol ar is ok but cant go wrong with this

1322087787421.jpg  

Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #53

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAKINANAYA
well not to make anyone mad but im the police chief in sullivan city texas and this is what i carry on patrol ar is ok but cant go wrong with this
No you can't go wrong with a good ole ak fo-seven.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #54

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'd rather carry an AK over a DPMS or the likes.

Were you taking those packages to put under the tree?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #55

Okay, I own both the platforms you have named the Del-Ton and the DPMS. Sorry folks but I'll stack both little black rifles up against anything you want to put against them. The Colt the Stag any of them. The design is the same the manufacture process is the same just not in the same building. I shoot 1" groups with both and can with any of them. Save your cash for the ammo and the add-on's. This crap of thinking you have to have a "NAME" is ridicules. Stick to your budget and enjoy learning to shoot your weapon. Hard to have fun when you can't afford the ammo after you have spent all your cash on the toy....

Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #56

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNWARHORSE View Post
Okay, I own both the platforms you have named the Del-Ton and the DPMS. Sorry folks but I'll stack both little black rifles up against anything you want to put against them. The Colt the Stag any of them. The design is the same the manufacture process is the same just not in the same building. I shoot 1" groups with both and can with any of them. Save your cash for the ammo and the add-on's. This crap of thinking you have to have a "NAME" is ridicules. Stick to your budget and enjoy learning to shoot your weapon. Hard to have fun when you can't afford the ammo after you have spent all your cash on the toy....
When you get up from your bench rest let us know.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #57

I've heard Delton buys out all there parts and they have had some issues in the past. And, I read that in a review of LPKs DPMS had more out of spec parts then the other brands reviewed. Who really knows. I've also read this debate on a lot of other forums, when you start talking ARs under 700 bucks you're pretty limited. The S&W MP Sport is in the same price range (maybe a little cheaper, saw them for as low as 639 before Christmas. There about 680 now) , comes with sights, and if you check other forums you will never find a bad post about them. If your budget is limited, you might check them out. They are not mil spec but everyone says they are extremely reliably and accurate for an in expensive rifle. I looked at them a few months back and they seem to be built failyr well, and I preferred the feel over the DPMS and the Delton. Just my 2 cents

Old 01-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #58
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts

I have Deltons at a good price with reasonable shipping on my website. The company has a good story and I feel the brand is very up and coming. The rifles I stock are from a reputable distributor. Take a look.

Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun.
Will Meade
Owner/Operator
www.Sharkcoasttactical.com

Old 01-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #59

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

There's no doubt a low cost AR can do the job for many buyers. And don't forget PSA and Spikes give you a lot for the money, plus like JBush I haven't seen many bad reviews of the S&W M&P-15 Sport, so some are better than others. For example not many continue to defend Vulcan, Hesse and Blackthorne even though you can upgrade them with milspec parts.

This doesn't have to be a peeing contest, if you like a low cost AR, great. But don't say they're as good as ... I really don't get pleasure pointing out problems but as you get more immersed in the differences between manufacturers you do see important areas where corners should not be cut. If you know what to look for an extra $100-200 can give you a better and more reliable rifle. Your decision, your rifle.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 01-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #60

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
There's no doubt a low cost AR can do the job for many buyers. And don't forget PSA and Spikes give you a lot for the money, plus like JBush I haven't seen many bad reviews of the S&W M&P-15 Sport, so some are better than others. For example not many continue to defend Vulcan, Hesse and Blackthorne even though you can upgrade them with milspec parts.

This doesn't have to be a peeing contest, if you like a low cost AR, great. But don't say they're as good as ... I really don't get pleasure pointing out problems but as you get more immersed in the differences between manufacturers you do see important areas where corners should not be cut. If you know what to look for an extra $100-200 can give you a better and more reliable rifle. Your decision, your rifle.
That's right. And because most less expensive AR's will be all the casual/recreational shooter will ever need, it may very well seem that they function just as reliably as the colt, etc being fired on the berm next to them.

Employ them in the activities pursued by some on this thread...I think MJ is a 3 gun competitor for example...and they're not going to hold up blow for blow with the higher end rifles. They're just not going to.