Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #291
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
And if it does it'll have lasted longer than some of its namesakes!
Damn, Q, that was good.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #292

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

1st tour 66-67 "project omega" >daniel boone>shinning brass. Then as the MACV was phased out was corps II Mike Force Konthum province in Pleiku 69-70 Ole dragon patch.Toss in a few TDYS . But my point is any decent AR can work if ur jimmy on the spot. Retired in 84 SAD/SOG Germany Det-A Brigade . All OUTSTANDING! LOL!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACV_SOG View Post
1st tour 66-67 "project omega" >daniel boone>shinning brass. Then as the MACV was phased out was corps II Mike Force Konthum province in Pleiku 69-70 Ole dragon patch.Toss in a few TDYS . But my point is any decent AR can work if ur jimmy on the spot. Retired in 84 SAD/SOG Germany Det-A Brigade . All OUTSTANDING! LOL!
You have walked a path I have never walked, and have my respect. The point some of us have, is if you have a decent AR, you shouldn't have to spend all your range time being jimmy on the spot.

MACV_SOG Likes This 
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #294

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ba-Gee-Buds, Is this thread still going on!! With all the upheaval in this shrinking world & info flying around faster than light speed in cyberspace ,I know we can raise the bar and intellect of our topics!! Our embassys are under a high state of alert ,I'm hoping our men under 20 something will walk the walk and pull at least a tour ! Get a large bounus for enlisting! Do something about the Betsy Ross burnin SOBs ! Take the bounus if young enough and get a B.S. Then go for the best. The famous & iconic Green Beret!! Then if you want to serve your cou.the & get the best adrenaline kick EVER! become a JUMPMASTER!! Then if gets more intense! As a Spec Fo. JUMPMASTER you can qualify for HALO school!! Oh you luck ones! Flying at such high altitudes you see you breath but won't feel the cold! Cargo hatch opens to pitch black space ,you're the precious highly trained MAN! With a small detachment of others who have tor back and you just know! HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) Always the cornball joke "last one down" to take the edge off the over excitement of any 1st timers chomping at the bit for the go! Let's just say ,there's a very good tactical reason for such fun! But I'm not gonna seal ,I mean squeal or reveal. JUST KIDDIN !! There's always one in every family! I imagine vetting will once again become a flavor phrase of the month! The month is almost over and already It's started the procession! But It's an option a smart young man has in these trying times!!

Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #295

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

fsted2a,Well said! With 30 rd clips I see no reason to goo to a range except to "exercise" the weapon . Auto pistols are another story as are target competition teams. And if your uncle has you on a "snipe hunt",of course! Also back to LG clips $ becomes a factor ! Have a great weekend! I accept part of the miscommunication ,Of course. I did not mean taking a tool kit to a range ! If someone has this much trouble ,yes without delay rectify the situation ASAP! I feel many problem can be axerted by less ....."gun envy?" I have read many post where people REGRET selling that (insert regret here) ! If you get a weapon that works well and you're satisfied with It's accuracy,KEEP IT !!!?? Then save your $ for a later purchase . And personally I only show my toy to old lifelong friends even w/ a LG fire proof safe! I have posted a pristine S&W 1946-47 Vintage ..38.cal "VICTORY" made in honor of the WWII Victory. My brother in law has a small house on his property behind his house with one LG room and a bathroom. Massive security system and I can only estimate ....150 Lugars maybe 200 ,I've just never asked . He is by no means a closet Nazi. He just thinks the Lugar is a special weapon. His knowledge of Lugars is astounding! O.K.. enough ramblings of this guy today. I'm just an early riser! Good day ladies & gents !!

Last edited by MACV_SOG; 09-20-2012 at 12:03 PM.
fsted2a Likes This 
Old 09-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #296

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

And excuse my excessive typos!! I'm using a smart phone with a sensitive qwerty . Adjusting the touch sensitivity is a time consuming chore! I'll let one of the life or nieces next time they're here! WHEW!! O.K.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACV_SOG View Post
And excuse my excessive typos!! I'm using a smart phone with a sensitive qwerty . Adjusting the touch sensitivity is a time consuming chore! I'll let one of the life or nieces next time they're here! WHEW!! O.K.
Are they really "Smart" phones? Sometimes they make me feel pretty stupid

MACV_SOG Likes This 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #298

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Gotta agree, MACV_SOG, today with no draft the young people serving our country are true heroes. And a plus for those who do enlist, there are lots of opportunities for those who have the right temperment and strength other than staying home and scrambling for burger flipping jobs.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

fsted2a Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Gotta agree, MACV_SOG, today with no draft the young people serving our country are true heroes. And a plus for those who do enlist, there are lots of opportunities for those who have the right temperment and strength other than staying home and scrambling for burger flipping jobs.
Yeah, and with the war winding down, we are downsizing something feirce. They are putting us older guys out at an alarming rate.

Quentin Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #300

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Yeah, and with the war winding down, we are downsizing something feirce. They are putting us older guys out at an alarming rate.
Sad to hear. Instead of that happening I hope enough people listened to Clint - if someone isn't doing the job we gotta let him go. And the military sure isn't the problem, it's the CIC and his czars.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.