Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #281
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy216

Since you mention quality and lowest bidder, in relation to milspec, that is exactly what colt does, has done, and just did again against h&k, FNH, and a couple of other manufacturers for the military contract renewal, which, they came in last for reliability by the way.

I have not been the one putting down anyone for their choice of weapon, go back through the thread and read some of the comments by others that insist on having mil-spec rifles and you will see who the critics are over the chouce of someone's pick for a rifle. I will be one of the first to state that you need not buy a 3k knights, or a 2200 noveske. You are not taking it to war, you are not dumping 40 mags out on full auto and unless you have a bad mag, or a pencil barrell, shouldnt have any trouble with any manufacturers. There are people that run 3 gun all day with a delton or dti.

Do any of these complain of reliability? no, only the guys in here. They reference m4carbine.net as a good source for "those in the know", unknowing that i am over there as well as ar-15.com and can tell you that the same people are on both, but they just are too ignorant to realize that.

I have shot, owned , carried, quite a few different m-16's, m4's, ar-15's over the past few years. At some point they will all have a problem of some sort if they are not cleaned and maintained. Just because it says colt doesnt mean tht it will be more reliable than a dpms or stag that is made to same spec. Del-ton at least hand inspects and fits their parts together individually, the same as RRA, unlike colt and their assembly mass prodduction line. Ill state it again, since you mention the above, but the m&p, well they are made by stag's parent company. There is one individual in here that claims so much knowledge on ar's yet his first build was on an m&p, which came out about 4 1/2 years ago. What extensive experience that is!

If you feel it requires you to spend 2500 dollars on a rifle and then another 1k on a scope to get 400 meter range out of it, which is the effective range of a m4 with 16 in barrell shooting 55gr 5.56, its in the ARMY HAND BOOK, which is also what? mil-spec. Thne go do it. But stop criticizing those who buy or are going to buy one cheaper. The same 5 people in here just repeat themselves over and over as if they are "experts" yet at the same time, have argued with people in here that obviously know quite a bit more about the rifle than they do. There have even been troops who have used the colt in combat come in and give their mixed review about the rifles, yet they still swear by them.

If del-ton, dpms, bushy ect are so bad as what some of you state and repeat, though you have no first hand experence with either, than the companies would be out of buisness, expecially in the current flooded market of ar producers. Yet, instead, they are the best selling with repeat buyers. You can either buy a dpms for 800, or a colt at the current "dealer price" i can get it for you at 1150 off of davidsons .

If you want to see who the critics are go back a few pages in this extremely old thread and ead who they are, and see who bashes who for their choice/opinions/epreiences ect. You will see which ones are promoting one while criticisinz all others. Funny thing is while they are doing that, the 2 most common law enforcement ar's in patrol cars are a bushy and dpms... go figure huh. Civilian cant trust their rifle but a cop can/does his life on the very same one!

I agree this thread should be locked so they cannot tarnish anyone else's views with their internet generated and acquired knowledge and repeat the opinions of others since they have no first hand experience in the matter themselves.
Amen Brother!!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #282

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs
I buy my bicycles at KMatt!
No you don't .. I saw you at Walmart looking at the training wheels

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #283

Liked 210 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Gawd some plzzzzzzzzzz lock this thread.........

Let it die plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
I'm with you brother.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #284

Liked 944 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
I'm with you brother.
Ditto here!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #285

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If one claims to be so knowledgeable then any of the abovementioned AR's should suffice. If the have ....a swiss army knife few problems can't be fix by Johnny on the spot . I can't go spend $ like JJ ASTOR ,I crave a new AR but when you add quad rails &bows n ribbons it adds up!! I'm almost of the school of getting a loaded Stag or ETC. ? 6 1/2 Dozen! Plus I make a point to lock up a box of 7.62's every week,at least one. Get home defense rounds ASAP!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #286

Well you carried a Colt in Vietnam! (And today they're still better than DPMS.)

Glad you made it back ok, you guys had it tough. I was MACV in '68.

BTW, Welcome to FTF!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #287

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Ordered a Carbine length Del-Ton AR rifle kit today. It comes with everything except the lower receiver. What made me go for this one is that it came with all magpul moe furniture and an enhanced lower parts kit. The only bad part is that I wont get it for a couple months but once I have it all done ill give her a run and let you guys know how good or mediocre it is. Wish me luck!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #288

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

The thread that never dies!! Somebody kill this thing

Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #289

Liked 210 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
The thread that never dies!! Somebody kill this thing

We're planning on a party if we can keep it active 'till it's 5th birthday.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
We're planning on a party if we can keep it active 'till it's 5th birthday.
And if it does it'll have lasted longer than some of its namesakes!

______