DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR - Page 26
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I have a DTI Echo 316/MOE. Just bought it about a month ago. I was in the army for 8yrs so Ive been around a few AR's. I could have built one but I decided that this particular carbine had all the qualities I was looking for. Actually so did a windham weaponry carbine but I chose the DTI since it was already decked out with magpul furniture. They both had heavy profile barrels which I was looking for. I also prefer the 1:9 twist since all my 223/5.56 rifles are 1:9 twist. I wanted a flat top to easily accomodate a scope or a red dot. Since it was already pimped out with magpul I bought a magpul buis and a few pmags even though it came with one. Cleaned and lubed it, carried it out to shoot. One adjustment on my buis and I was hitting the bullseye. I shot 150rds of remington 55gr mc ammo and was getting great groups with my irons shooting off a tabletop with the rifle case as a rest. I pulled out some of my 69gr handloads at the end of the session and shot a 5 shot group under 1'' at 100yrds. I wanted a heavy barrel for accuracy and I got it with the DTI carbine. I paid $799+tax and 50 something for the magpul buis. This rifle had everything I was looking for and it was as accurate as I hoped for. Its a well built carbine and I am more than satisfied with the quality and price. Just my thoughts on my new DTI.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #252

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68
I have a DTI Echo 316/MOE. Just bought it about a month ago. I was in the army for 8yrs so Ive been around a few AR's. I could have built one but I decided that this particular carbine had all the qualities I was looking for. Actually so did a windham weaponry carbine but I chose the DTI since it was already decked out with magpul furniture. They both had heavy profile barrels which I was looking for. I also prefer the 1:9 twist since all my 223/5.56 rifles are 1:9 twist. I wanted a flat top to easily accomodate a scope or a red dot. Since it was already pimped out with magpul I bought a magpul buis and a few pmags even though it came with one. Cleaned and lubed it, carried it out to shoot. One adjustment on my buis and I was hitting the bullseye. I shot 150rds of remington 55gr mc ammo and was getting great groups with my irons shooting off a tabletop with the rifle case as a rest. I pulled out some of my 69gr handloads at the end of the session and shot a 5 shot group under 1'' at 100yrds. I wanted a heavy barrel for accuracy and I got it with the DTI carbine. I paid $799+tax and 50 something for the magpul buis. This rifle had everything I was looking for and it was as accurate as I hoped for. Its a well built carbine and I am more than satisfied with the quality and price. Just my thoughts on my new DTI.
Sounds like you are enjoying it.
That's all that counts.

Now go to Walmart and buy more ammo .

Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #253

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I assume that you are in Alabama. I bought the same rifle earlier this year, and I am really enjoying it. I am also in Alabama, and I got a little better deal (-$150). I also immediately added the Magpul pop-up rear sight. This afternoon I will be at 3200 rounds with zero problems. Enjoy, the price certainly leaves more in the ammo budget.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #254

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Mudpupp- I am enjoying it quite a bit. This is my first AR and its a nice one. Im a reloader so I really enjoy shooting my own ammo. Its cool to get moa accuracy with your 55gr plinking loads. I also load 60,65 and 69gr sierra for various tasks.
Connectegr- dang. I thought I was getting a good deal. Oh well, I love the rifle. Saving up for a eotech right now. Im gonna grab a few more pmags monday just in case. Where in Bama are you? I live in Cullman.

Last edited by bamashooter68; 07-28-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #255

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Connectegr- dang. I thought I was getting a good deal. Oh well, I love the rifle. Saving up for a eotech right now. Im gonna grab a few more pmags monday just in case. Where in Bama are you? I live in Cullman.
I am in Birmingham. I have made a few upgrades, including an EOtech. Enjoy.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #256

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Maybe Connectegr got a slightly different model with a lower price? Why not compare specs guys?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #257

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Marks Outdoor currently has the Delton DTI Echo 16 for $699. With a little negotiation I got $650 out-the-door. The only specs I have are from the Delton website. I have added a battlecomp 2.0, Spikes buffer, and BCM Gunfighter charging handle.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #258

I have a DPMS SASS in 7.62 and it shoots just fine. I have not really shot it enough to really get it broken in but I have not had any problems. As for the trigger I called DPMS and JP trigger co. and JP recommended some grease for triggers made by a company called RyDol. rydol.com Supposedly this grease, with enough use, penetrates metal and makes the trigger smoother over time. I recommend the large jar and you and your buddies can share it because a little goes a long way. The label NLGI-2 1/2 lb. product 15150

Last edited by RattlerBob; 08-23-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #259

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlerBob View Post
I recommend the large jar and you and your buddies can share it because a little goes a long way. The label NLGI-2 1/2 lb. product 15150
Sharing grease?? EWWWWWWWWWW!!!

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #260

Now be careful talking about a del-ton or a dpsm in this forum. There are too many in here that think that "milspec" is the end all when it comes to an ar. Even though many manufacturers are getting away from it. DPMS in their eyes makes a good 308, but evidently became stupid when it came to a 556. I have a few from a few different manufacturers, from colt and bravo, to rra and stag, and even a bushmaster. They all shoot the same, they all function the same, and none have problems except my colt. They will have you believe that if it isnt a mil-spec rifle it is junk. Menawhile, those that are preaching the same thing never will take their rifle into combat. they want a mil spec rifle, m4, yet unless they get a cheap bushmaster carbon, the weight alone is out of milspec by almost a full pound compared to mil spec m4. Funny that the most talked about rifle on the commercial market right now is a m&p 15 which is completely commercial, yet has been proven time and again in desert conditions to function flawlessly. The reality is that unless you are doing competition, or agtually going to combat, you dont need a milspec rifle. Mil spec only means more stringent qc and the ease of interchangebility of parts-they all fit the same ... 99% of commercial fit that bill except the stock which takes nothing to swap out. If you dont want to spend the money on a "top tier" as many will call it, then a delton will more that soot the bill, as will a dpms, armalite, bm, ect. They are all in the same price range. The only reason colt is even still around or even has the currently military contract, which some know it all's on here will argue, has nothing to do with anything other thant the fact the the current ceo of colt is a fromer army colonel, and sf soidier. Colt ranked last in the last gun challenge with more failures than any other manfacturer. That alone should say something to all the colt fan boys! Ive watched this thread for a year now and the same 5 people will bash anything unless it is a colt, lmt,lwrc, dd, bcm, or noveske. Armalite in their eyes, even though they are a "second tier and the developer of the ar" is junk. RRA makes a very solid rifle and an even better 308, yet since it isnt mil-spec, they bash them as well. Of all my rifles, my rra lar mid length is the best shooter of any, followed by the stag and then my bcm or bushy being equal. Get what feels good in your hand and what you can afford. Just bc you spend 1500 for a DD or 1300 for a bcm does not mean it will not fail or that it will be a "more accurate" rifle. If you want that, get away roma traditional ar and get a 20" varmint that will walk all over a 2k Noeske. And the 5 of you who im referring to need not respond. You showed me all you knew when you mention all you knew about ar's and your years of experience, yet your first "build" was on a m&P lower, which stag made by the way, and has only been around since what, 2009/10. Wow, what experience!!! This thread needs to be stopped so those of you that continue to bash everything will finally be silenced. The worst rated rifle in your eyes is the "standard" being a colt! funny that that is what every one of you refer to as the standard and you get your moneys worth, yet a bcm upper, and stag or spikes lower is 400 cheaper than the same spec colt! better yet, a same spec bushy, stag, dpms, psa, ect are a better value! one day you will all realize who makes the upper and lowers, the barrells, bolts, ect and why a name on the side doesnt mean SH!T.