Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #231
jg3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Crap remington.....46

So ya lotsa have changed, soo many options now.
45...you listed cmmg twice...lol
Great list tikki

Old 06-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #232

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg3 View Post
45...you listed cmmg twice...lol
Great list tikki
Ok, 46: Quentin Defense

47: Sun Devil

48: Windham Weaponry

49: Me!

I'll leave #50 for someone else.

Tikki, you should make a new thread listing all these AR manufacturers and assemblers! Should be a sticky with folks chiming in on how they like the brand they have!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #233

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

actually I got the list up to 55, and with Q's additions looks like i can add three more....think I'll start a new thread

I think since Quentin Defense doesn't make a complete ar15, I'll leave it out......

Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #234

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Add: Delta Company Arms, AR15 Performance, and White Oaks Armament.

QD does make/assemble a complete AR.

Last edited by MikeJK; 06-02-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #235

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by withdrawn
If your intention is to own a man-barbie or a Lego toy and bolt a bunch of doody to it for internet picture posting, scaring aunt edna at the family BBQ, and impressing your friends at work, buy an Oly.
This made me chuckle a little.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #236

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This thread could go on forever but I have a couple comments. Most gun stores have very knowledgeable people who have seen many different type and brands of guns. One persons comment was on cheaper guns there is a bigger profit margin...exactly the opposite the more expensive gun the more we charge. Most of us add a certain % to the cost, so more cost more profit.
Now honest gun dealers would not sell a product they did not know was good. We sell DPMS almost exclusively and they go like hot cakes. I find them to be some of the tightest and best made or I wouldn't sell them. Sell a bad product and it comes back on your store. We are gun manufacturers so we can make a full auto AR15/M16. The one we made was a DPMS, this gun has shot 1,000 of rds and never missed a lick, except for a bad mag. We fire it at machine gun shoots where 20 rd mags are fired one after the other. The gun get so hot you can't even touch the barrel, still keep on firing. IMHO DPMS is a great gun and you won't be disappointed with one, save yourself a bunch of money.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #237

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
This thread could go on forever but I have a couple comments. Most gun stores have very knowledgeable people who have seen many different type and brands of guns. One persons comment was on cheaper guns there is a bigger profit margin...exactly the opposite the more expensive gun the more we charge. Most of us add a certain % to the cost, so more cost more profit.
Now honest gun dealers would not sell a product they did not know was good. We sell DPMS almost exclusively and they go like hot cakes. I find them to be some of the tightest and best made or I wouldn't sell them. Sell a bad product and it comes back on your store. We are gun manufacturers so we can make a full auto AR15/M16. The one we made was a DPMS, this gun has shot 1,000 of rds and never missed a lick, except for a bad mag. We fire it at machine gun shoots where 20 rd mags are fired one after the other. The gun get so hot you can't even touch the barrel, still keep on firing. IMHO DPMS is a great gun and you won't be disappointed with one, save yourself a bunch of money.
Yes, I have personal experience with DPMS and I like them, and "mark up" is true in any business, the more expensive items naturally have a larger mark up.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #238

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Del-ton may not be well known or very expensive. For being a small arms manufacturer out of the Carolinas they are a good quality firearm because they can focus on the low number of ars they produce. The do a lot of business selling parts so you can assemble your own, and they also laser engrave custom logos of lower receivers which gives it a nice personal touch if you're into that kinda stuff.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #239

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
The thing is, a smart AR buyer isn't going to buy off the rack at the LGS. Why settle for what someone else configured. Anyone who has half a brain and thinks things out can configure a PSA or better yet BCM that's exactly what they want. And in the long run have a better rifle for pretty close to the cost of one off the rack after all the upgrades have been added.

As far as knowledgeable, I rarely run in to a gun salesman who knows more about ARs than I do.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #240

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

I have a DPMS and love it, so either that or a Stag Arms in my opinion.