DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR - Page 21
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > DPMS AR or Del-Ton AR

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Clayton,NC
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

AR-15' were the most popular rifle sold in America in 2009 and 2010 probably 2011 and 2012 as well. Because of this buying frenzy we now see some are hard to get, so people are buying stripped lowers (SL) and building their own. This begs the question which one is better?
SL and other parts are built with CNC machines. You can build one yourself with an 80% and just a drill press but it takes time and some skill. Most distributors do not mfg their lowers but some company mills these for many distributors. So one brand comes out of the machine then another with just a name change so these are all the same. Most lowers are built this way. Because these are so popular now some small start-up companies are building SLs and these can be out of spec but they are made from the same stock and mfg'ed the same way. SL's cost about $42.00 to build in mass quantities, you can spend $65.00 for one or $165 and you get the same thing. One lower is not thicker or stronger than the other.
patriot is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #202
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
AR-15' were the most popular rifle sold in America in 2009 and 2010 probably 2011 and 2012 as well. Because of this buying frenzy we now see some are hard to get, so people are buying stripped lowers (SL) and building their own. This begs the question which one is better?
SL and other parts are built with CNC machines. You can build one yourself with an 80% and just a drill press but it takes time and some skill. Most distributors do not mfg their lowers but some company mills these for many distributors. So one brand comes out of the machine then another with just a name change so these are all the same. Most lowers are built this way. Because these are so popular now some small start-up companies are building SLs and these can be out of spec but they are made from the same stock and mfg'ed the same way. SL's cost about $42.00 to build in mass quantities, you can spend $65.00 for one or $165 and you get the same thing. One lower is not thicker or stronger than the other.
I know that ArmaLite uses proprietary forgings from their own forging dies, so to claim that they are "all the same" is incorrect. I know many companies use SLs from a common forge, but again, that doesn't mean that they are all the same.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #203
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,427
Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
AR-15' were the most popular rifle sold in America in 2009 and 2010 probably 2011 and 2012 as well. Because of this buying frenzy we now see some are hard to get, so people are buying stripped lowers (SL) and building their own. This begs the question which one is better?
SL and other parts are built with CNC machines. You can build one yourself with an 80% and just a drill press but it takes time and some skill. Most distributors do not mfg their lowers but some company mills these for many distributors. So one brand comes out of the machine then another with just a name change so these are all the same. Most lowers are built this way. Because these are so popular now some small start-up companies are building SLs and these can be out of spec but they are made from the same stock and mfg'ed the same way. SL's cost about $42.00 to build in mass quantities, you can spend $65.00 for one or $165 and you get the same thing. One lower is not thicker or stronger than the other.
Hey MODS, check this guys IP address

Holy ****.
MikeJK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #204
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

I think I already said it or maybe it was somewhere else, my bro has a DPMS AR and it performs flawlessly, I've used it and I'm pleased, when I'm in the market I'll pick on up, Buds gun shop has their budget model up for a flat 600 bucks right now.
__________________
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.
Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #205
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,453
Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
I work on and sell AR15's. I find DPMS to be one of the best buys, Del-Ton is OK also. Stag, DPMS, Remington, SW, etc., are all the same. You can interchange parts between the brands telling me they use the same components. I have sold 100's of DPMS R-15's and have had no complaints, people just love these guns.
We sell DPMS Oracles (flat top, no sights) for $590 brand new and frequently sell out. If you are going into competition consider having the gun worked on, if you are going to get it for hunting, shooting or just plain fun, DPMS is the way to go.
We have a full auto DPMS and it has shot over 1,000 rounds with only 3 failures all due to mag problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
AR-15' were the most popular rifle sold in America in 2009 and 2010 probably 2011 and 2012 as well. Because of this buying frenzy we now see some are hard to get, so people are buying stripped lowers (SL) and building their own. This begs the question which one is better?
SL and other parts are built with CNC machines. You can build one yourself with an 80% and just a drill press but it takes time and some skill. Most distributors do not mfg their lowers but some company mills these for many distributors. So one brand comes out of the machine then another with just a name change so these are all the same. Most lowers are built this way. Because these are so popular now some small start-up companies are building SLs and these can be out of spec but they are made from the same stock and mfg'ed the same way. SL's cost about $42.00 to build in mass quantities, you can spend $65.00 for one or $165 and you get the same thing. One lower is not thicker or stronger than the other.

I can't stay quiet. You have spewing forth half truths and misconceptions that will confuse people into thinking everything is the same. From your posts, I expect that you will soon start trying to advertise your inventory, and direct traffic to your place of business
.
I think if you are going to sell here you need learn a little more or be more specific. All lowers are not the same. All rifles are not the same.

Tell us what is the difference between a Noveske, any model and a DPMS. How about a LaRue or Knight's Armament? LWRC?

IF all lowers are the same, please explain to me the differences between these.
https://axtsweapons.com/products/AX556
http://www.megamachineshop.com/armscatalog/006BILLETLOWER-GTR-3S-AMBI/loader.html
http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=245_285&pro ducts_id=34089

You claim to be in the industry, but you sure don't talk like it. Either you don't really care about learning the products that you sell or you really don't know the differences. Either way its looks bad. When you make blanket statements declaring that all products are the same you lose all credibility. Please stop spreading FUD.
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #206
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tenderribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 317
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default

What's FUD ? I think I know the F part! Lol
Tenderribbs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #207
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
What's FUD ? I think I know the F part! Lol
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
__________________
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.
Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #208
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,427
Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
I can't stay quiet. You have spewing forth half truths and misconceptions that will confuse people into thinking everything is the same. From your posts, I expect that you will soon start trying to advertise your inventory, and direct traffic to your place of business
.
I think if you are going to sell here you need learn a little more or be more specific. All lowers are not the same. All rifles are not the same.

Tell us what is the difference between a Noveske, any model and a DPMS. How about a LaRue or Knight's Armament? LWRC?

IF all lowers are the same, please explain to me the differences between these.
https://axtsweapons.com/products/AX556
http://www.megamachineshop.com/armscatalog/006BILLETLOWER-GTR-3S-AMBI/loader.html
http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=245_285&pro ducts_id=34089

You claim to be in the industry, but you sure don't talk like it. Either you don't really care about learning the products that you sell or you really don't know the differences. Either way its looks bad. When you make blanket statements declaring that all products are the same you lose all credibility. Please stop spreading FUD.
Working in a BS LGS isn't "in the industry." LOL

Be carefull AT. I have been warned for asking people to explain BS posturing blanket statements. A pending 30 day ban for expecting people to explain FUD is, well FU
MikeJK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,427
Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
What's FUD ? I think I know the F part! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
Wrong... Fu*ked Up Data would fit better in this circumstance. lol
MikeJK is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #210
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,453
Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

FUD the D is for disinformation
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Trigger for DPMS LR-308 butchtango Gunsmithing Forum 6 08-25-2012 08:58 PM
Dpms Ar-10 lightemup AR-15 Discussion 7 07-07-2012 05:50 PM
What's the TpI on my DPMS? waylap AR-15 Discussion 2 03-08-2009 03:23 PM
dpms lr 308 trigger doug1g Gunsmithing Forum 1 03-27-2008 07:39 PM
DPMS AR-10s Kramer AR-15 Discussion 2 10-11-2007 07:13 PM



Newest Threads