Dpms Ar-15 question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Dpms Ar-15 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Default Dpms Ar-15 question

OK guys, a trade came my way I want to really go for but need some help. It's a NIB DPMS lower with a DelTon upper. I'm extremely new in the AR market so i need some help. The pic he sent me of the feed ramp looks like an M4 and not the standard issue. The indentions of the ramp don't seem like they match with the cuts of the receiver, will this cause a feeding problem or anything? I might be talking out of my A$$ here not using the right terminology but I'm doing my best. Need help fast, Guy wants to trade tomorrow. What's a nib dpms with a DelTon upper worth? He's asking $700 for it with two mags and hard case. Thanks.

20131303542.jpg   20131716586.jpg  

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

For what it's I wouldn't pay $700 for it. You can do better at BCM, Rock River or Palmetto State Armory.

The misaligned receiver and barrel extension cuts may or may not cause feeding problems but are a red flag of low attention to details during the build. JMHO.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #3

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I wouldn't pay $700 for it either. And just what the heck is a NIB DPMS/Del-Ton??? NIB means new in the factory box not in any ol' box!

Run away from this one and look at what $700 will buy at PSA where you could really get NIB!

I agree with JPyle about the feed ramps, they probably would feed ok but why take a chance when you can get a better rifle for the same money or slightly less.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 AM   #4

Guys I appreciate it. Been a big help. With marlinmans advice and jpyles, I told him thanks but no thanks. Quentin as always, thanks. I emailed the guy and told him I was going to have to pass and he turned out to be a prick anyways about it. Glad it came out that way. Thanks fellas.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Guys I appreciate it. Been a big help. With marlinmans advice and jpyles, I told him thanks but no thanks. Quentin as always, thanks. I emailed the guy and told him I was going to have to pass and he turned out to be a prick anyways about it. Glad it came out that way. Thanks fellas.
Glad we could help...just for fun I put this tread together, take a peek if only as a reference for how far $700 can go if you shop around for the right parts.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/600-ar-fact-fiction-55961/

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #6

Thanks man ill take a look. Appreciated

~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #7

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Glad you passed on it G17, his reaction shows his true colors. Sounds like he was pressuring you into a sale, and the way he called this thing NIB bothered me too. You just can't call any custom build NIB, I never would have considered claiming such a thing with my AR builds. Maybe New in the Boxes... but the rifle wouldn't fit in any one box!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #8

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Glad you passed on it G17, his reaction shows his true colors. Sounds like he was pressuring you into a sale, and the way he called this thing NIB bothered me too. You just can't call any custom build NIB, I never would have considered claiming such a thing with my AR builds. Maybe New in the Boxes... but the rifle wouldn't fit in any one box!
Sure it would......after josh shot it and it blew up in his hands. Thats figurin all the pieces could be found that is

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Not really pressuring me per-say, tomorrow was the only day I had free to meet up with him. It was something I wasnt for sure I wanted to do.

~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #10

Those aren't misaligned feed ramps - they are mismatched feed ramps. One is an M4 cut, the other is a rifle cut. Mixing them may cause feeding issues based on the way they are put together. Evidently the person who assembled the rifle didn't what he had.

feedramps.jpg