Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Dpms Ar-15 question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/dpms-ar-15-question-56015/)

g17frantz 01-22-2012 03:23 AM

Dpms Ar-15 question

2 Attachment(s)
OK guys, a trade came my way I want to really go for but need some help. It's a NIB DPMS lower with a DelTon upper. I'm extremely new in the AR market so i need some help. The pic he sent me of the feed ramp looks like an M4 and not the standard issue. The indentions of the ramp don't seem like they match with the cuts of the receiver, will this cause a feeding problem or anything? I might be talking out of my A$$ here not using the right terminology but I'm doing my best. Need help fast, Guy wants to trade tomorrow. What's a nib dpms with a DelTon upper worth? He's asking $700 for it with two mags and hard case. Thanks.

Jpyle 01-22-2012 03:39 AM

For what it's I wouldn't pay $700 for it. You can do better at BCM, Rock River or Palmetto State Armory.

The misaligned receiver and barrel extension cuts may or may not cause feeding problems but are a red flag of low attention to details during the build. JMHO.

Quentin 01-22-2012 04:41 AM

I wouldn't pay $700 for it either. And just what the heck is a NIB DPMS/Del-Ton??? NIB means new in the factory box not in any ol' box!

Run away from this one and look at what $700 will buy at PSA where you could really get NIB!

I agree with JPyle about the feed ramps, they probably would feed ok but why take a chance when you can get a better rifle for the same money or slightly less.

g17frantz 01-22-2012 04:44 AM

Guys I appreciate it. Been a big help. With marlinmans advice and jpyles, I told him thanks but no thanks. Quentin as always, thanks. I emailed the guy and told him I was going to have to pass and he turned out to be a prick anyways about it. Glad it came out that way. Thanks fellas.

Jpyle 01-22-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 684865)
Guys I appreciate it. Been a big help. With marlinmans advice and jpyles, I told him thanks but no thanks. Quentin as always, thanks. I emailed the guy and told him I was going to have to pass and he turned out to be a prick anyways about it. Glad it came out that way. Thanks fellas.

Glad we could help...just for fun I put this tread together, take a peek if only as a reference for how far $700 can go if you shop around for the right parts.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/600-ar-fact-fiction-55961/

g17frantz 01-22-2012 05:13 AM

Thanks man ill take a look. Appreciated

Quentin 01-22-2012 05:15 AM

Glad you passed on it G17, his reaction shows his true colors. Sounds like he was pressuring you into a sale, and the way he called this thing NIB bothered me too. You just can't call any custom build NIB, I never would have considered claiming such a thing with my AR builds. Maybe New in the Boxes... but the rifle wouldn't fit in any one box! :D

Marlinman 01-22-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin
Glad you passed on it G17, his reaction shows his true colors. Sounds like he was pressuring you into a sale, and the way he called this thing NIB bothered me too. You just can't call any custom build NIB, I never would have considered claiming such a thing with my AR builds. Maybe New in the Boxes... but the rifle wouldn't fit in any one box! :D

Sure it would......after josh shot it and it blew up in his hands.;) Thats figurin all the pieces could be found that is

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

g17frantz 01-22-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin

Not really pressuring me per-say, tomorrow was the only day I had free to meet up with him. It was something I wasnt for sure I wanted to do.

lunarmanathome 01-22-2012 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Those aren't misaligned feed ramps - they are mismatched feed ramps. One is an M4 cut, the other is a rifle cut. Mixing them may cause feeding issues based on the way they are put together. Evidently the person who assembled the rifle didn't what he had.