DPMS - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

DPMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have a Sportical modified to tactical. I've fed numerous types of ammo without issue. It also operates my CMMG .22 bolt conversion very well. No complaints here.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

It doesn't function properly because some suit is cutting cost to increase his bonus. The one and only thing that company is concerned about. Quality? What's that? Money? Find me some more regardless of the corners we have to cut because the majority of our customers will never notice the rifles shortcomings.

Last edited by MikeJK; 04-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Ive heard that too about the DPMS rifles...my century arms A2 will digest anything in the mag, steel or brass cases.
Was it the model with the classic-look triangular handguard, 20" barrel, etc.? It looked like the vietnam-era M16's issued? If i remember correctly, weren't those rebarreled colt's?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
Si Vis Pacem,Para Bellum
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 575 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
It doesn't function properly because some suit is cutting cost to increase his bonus. The one and only thing that company is concerned about. Quality? What's that? Money? Find me some more regardless of the corners we have to cut because the majority of our customers will never notice the rifles shortcomings.
if there not noticing the shotcomings then how do we know there threir,what i mean is the gun does what i bought it for it shoots bullets down range without a problem now if i were in the military or law enforcemant or even a compition shooter then maybe i would worry about it but as of right now it performs just fine for going to the range and hunting coyotes and other varmints.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10253 Times on 5515 Posts
Likes Given: 10133

Quote:
Mike, no disrespect intended, but do you have a reason for believing that, or are you just bitter against "suits?"
History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.
Douglas MacArthur

If you think a strong military is expensive, think about what a weak one would cost

Last edited by locutus; 04-30-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1

if there not noticing the shotcomings then how do we know there threir,what i mean is the gun does what i bought it for it shoots bullets down range without a problem now if i were in the military or law enforcemant or even a compition shooter then maybe i would worry about it but as of right now it performs just fine for going to the range and hunting coyotes and other varmints.
That's awesome. It's a great feeling to know your AR will do whatever you ask of it. Knowing what you need is good.

The issue w/ DPMS is they don't always measure up to others is their price range.
They are known to avoid certain questions and comparisons to other manufacturers. Kind of a sign to most.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #17
Si Vis Pacem,Para Bellum
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 575 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 1746

Quote:
That's awesome. It's a great feeling to know your AR will do whatever you ask of it. Knowing what you need is good.

The issue w/ DPMS is they don't always measure up to others is their price range.
They are known to avoid certain questions and comparisons to other manufacturers. Kind of a sign to most.
so then i take it you had a bad run with dpms.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Mike, no disrespect intended, but do you have a reason for believing that, or are you just bitter against "suits?"
I love suits and look good in them .

I believe it because it's true of any large corporation. Nothing against capitalism as I think it drives success. But when you lie, hide, divert, and avoid questions in an attempt to maintain some sort of existence it's an integrity issue.

It's probably not the employees as I'm sure they would rather put together a high quality product then waste their day assembling junk. I personally wouldn't want to be part of the DPMS name. It would be similar to the year I managed a car wash for a family of gypsies. I would avoid the "what do you do" conversation. I fought to make them stop ripping off customers but they wouldn't. I quit.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1

so then i take it you had a bad run with dpms.
No, I was smart enough to do some research before purchasing my first AR.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7283 Times on 3874 Posts
Likes Given: 568

my wife has a dpms panther m4gery. it shot fine out of the box but since the first range trip i completely disassembled it stem to stern put it back together staked the castle nut on the stock, replaced the bcg with a chromed bcg from rra, torqued everything down to milspec.

the only reason i replaced the bcg was for ease of cleaning.

out of the box i didnt trust it enough for home defense now that im sure everything is right i feel comfy with it. my wife being able to shoulder it and fire it is why its our hd rifle, she knows how to work it.

i would prolly say skip dpms as there are better guns close enough in price.

ive got better ar15's but if its stolen or taken by the police for "evidence" (the county i live in has a long history of not returning firearms used for legal self defense) if we ever have to use it we arent out a lot of money. for a gun that doesnt get shot a lot and is good enough for at least a few rounds in a hd situation its a perfect rifle. we prolly got 650$ in it including the new bcg.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 04-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.