Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Done!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I couldn't stand it anymore! Today I ordered my new Troy 15" alpha rail w/o sight and aimpoint pro RDS. I will post pics of the rifle once it is complete.

Ryan...RLTW!

Mala Malis Facimus

Old 04-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #12

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Was there something wrong with the YHM rail? Why did you decide to change rails after only 2 months?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #13

Nothing wrong with the rail, just made an impulse buy. I didn't like how large the diameter was on the rail.

Once again, another reason to be sure to look at as many different set ups before making a purchase! Once I saw how the Troy rail looked on MJK's AR I was in love. PSA is currently having a decent sale on Troy stuff if anyone is interested.

Ryan...RLTW!

Mala Malis Facimus

Old 04-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #14

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

The best thing about the Troy tubes, even better then their looks, is the build quality and weight. The o.d. isn't to shabby either. I don't even use any sort of hang stop. Just wrap my hand around the rail like I'm alone in the bathroom. IMO it's definitely an improvement.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP1394-RLTW View Post
I couldn't stand it anymore! Today I ordered my new Troy 15" alpha rail w/o sight and aimpoint pro RDS. I will post pics of the rifle once it is complete.

Ryan...RLTW!
Like that

Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #16

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Looks good PH

Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #17

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Noticed you're in Tampa, where do you shoot at? I was down there visiting family last month and went to Shoot Straight's range on HWY 301. Pretty nice place and some great eye candy in there.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #18

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ryan, if you decide you want to sell that rail that's on there, send me a PM with your price. I may be interested!

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #19

Just like that! I was going to change the barrel as well but if I do that I may as well build another. I THINK I will be happy once I get the new rail and RDS installed. Hopefully my next build will be a 6.8 for hunting. I ordered a new lower and had it laser engraved with my unit DUI I am going to move my current stock onto the new lower and use my current lower for the 6.8 build. My plan is to take my time but once I get the stock in I think I am going to get impatient again!

Thanks!

Ryan...RLTW!

Mala Malis Facimus

Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
Noticed you're in Tampa, where do you shoot at? I was down there visiting family last month and went to Shoot Straight's range on HWY 301. Pretty nice place and some great eye candy in there.
I do shoot at shoot straight and steal my brass from there as well! I have to say that I hate though. Most of the time I shoot at a friends house at his make shift range. I hate shooting indoors and I like to shoot the way I like to shoot! He has his "range" marked off out to 100yds.

Hit me up next time you are around, we can meet up at shoot straight.

Ryan...RLTW!

Mala Malis Facimus