Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   does anyone know where go get a complete upper these days? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/does-anyone-know-where-go-get-complete-upper-these-days-82112/)

jwalsh66 01-22-2013 05:59 AM

does anyone know where go get a complete upper these days?

Do you guys have any ideas? I scoured every source I am familiar with. I'm sure there have to some out there somewhere... right?

okdonk 01-22-2013 06:06 AM

What brand u looking for? You can build your custom DD complete upper direct at DD everyday at midnight EST. Once they received 10-15 orders daily, they close it down. So you have to be quick and know what u wanted!
Indeed i managed to build complete upper 2 hours ago. 16" Middy with 12" Modular rail complete with DD BCG and set sights for $1119 shipped.

jwalsh66 01-22-2013 01:05 PM

Good lord that's up there in price but I guess ill have to bite the bullet considering the current political climate

fsted2a 01-22-2013 02:53 PM

Doublestar has complete kits minus stripped lower for $545. Been doing business with them for years and no complaints.

texaswoodworker 01-22-2013 05:21 PM

I'd go for a BCM or PSA upper. You may have to wait a while for it though.

AgentTikki 01-22-2013 06:04 PM

What are you looking for? And what's you budget?

brettc 01-22-2013 06:14 PM

You just missed PSA had a complete upper, minus bcg and CH, for 500. They seem to have had uppers pop up for a couple days now.

jwalsh66 01-22-2013 07:13 PM

I'm looking for a 5.56 mid length in the $500-$700 price range.

sweeper22 01-22-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettc (Post 1105443)
You just missed PSA had a complete upper, minus bcg and CH, for 500. They seem to have had uppers pop up for a couple days now.

That very upper (16" 1:7 FN barrel, carbine length gas, plus a $180 MI handguard) has been up for sale several times in the last week or two...at least 4 times that I'm aware of, probably a couple that I didn't see. I've actually bought two of them during two seperate times when they came up for sale. It'll probably be up again. Even if I wanted a middy (I too prefer them), I'd probably (okay...well, in fact I did) jump on it as far as a reasonably priced "bird in the hand" option.

I've also got emails from BCM and AIM Surplus regarding quality uppers that have been available at reasonable prices. AIM had the 16" Spikes with charging handle and M16 bolt for just over $500 I think. Wish I'd have been sitting at my computer when the email came in.

So yes...good upper packages are out there. But you'd best be prepared to jump on them the moment they hit the "virtual" shelves.

jwalsh66 01-22-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1105512)

That very upper (16" 1:7 FN barrel, carbine length gas, plus a $180 MI handguard) has been up for sale several times in the last week or two...at least 4 times that I'm aware of, probably a couple that I didn't see. I've actually bought two of them during two seperate times when they came up for sale. It'll probably be up again. Even if I wanted a middy (I too prefer them), I'd probably (okay...well, in fact I did) jump on it as far as a reasoanbly "bird in the hand" option.

I've also got emails from BCM and AIM Surplus regarding quality uppers that have been available at reasonable prices. AIM had the 16" Spikes with charging handle and M16 bolt for just over $500 I think. Wish I'd have been sitting at my computer when the email came in.

So yes...good upper packages are out there. But you'd best be prepared to jump on them the moment they hit the "virtual" shelves.

Yeah I hear that. I've been looking for awhile now and I always seem to miss the ones I can find or do hear about. Or a lot of stuff is back ordered until October or november