Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Does anyone else have this AR problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Does anyone else have this AR problem

Made you look! Seriously, I have yet to find a set of scope rings, riser set-up or anything that gives me the cheek weld, or sight picture I want on an AR. I know it's out there, I just haven't found it for my fat head yet. What set up do you use? I just got a Mueller 8.5X25 for my Bushmaster V-Match and I would really like to get a good set up on it. I am dang sure open for suggestions on this one.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I guess I'd need to know what height you want. Do you like the height of the sights on a standard carry handle? Higher? Lower?

LaRue has a couple of height options, but it depends on what you need. Maybe a 5/8" riser with a standard height mount if you need it higher?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #3

the riser blocks that came on my bushy varminter, and medium warne rings work perfectly for me. of ocurse i dont have a fat head, so this info may be of no use to you.