disconnect trouble

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > disconnect trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default disconnect trouble

first and formost, hello to everyone,i'm new to this forum and lucky to have found it. i'm doing my first build,but i'm having trouble with the disconnect lining up with the pin hole in the trigger itself. the problem seems to be the disconnect spring. i triple checked to make sure i'm using the right one,it's tapered right? anyway it wont let the disconnect itself seat far enough into the trigger. the taper on the spring wont let it go down far enough. am i doing something wrong here?i cant even get the pin to go thru the two of them outside the reciever let aloan in it. I have a fair amount of machinist background but i'm not a professional. i dont know enough about gunsmithing yet to try altering parts,especially trigger parts. please help!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #2

Welcome from Ohio.

We can't stop here...this is bat country.

Μολὼν λάβε
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Old 07-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Are you sure you are using a semi-auto disconnector? A full auto part will not fit in a semi trigger. Take the parts and assemble them outside of the receiver. See if there is interference.

Welcome.

Oh, and a full auto disconnector will not make it full auto.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #4

You can go to the Busmaster web site, too make sure the parts are correct.
Make sure, you have all semi-auto parts for your AR. If you have just one Full-Auto part in your AR, I've read, it will be considered a Full-Auto by the ATF, and you can be in big trouble. I read this in the Bushmaster Catalog.
I hope this helps you.

And Welcome.

Bushmaster Lower Receiver Parts

Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #5

No, I checked the parts, there all semi auto, I have past mil. Exp. And I'm familiar with the class 3 parts. However I was not an armorour. I'm gonna have to let my gunsmith look at it Saturday and see what he says. I'll keep you all posted as to what the problem is. I'm guessing it's something I'm over looking and not a manufacture problem.