Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Disappointed in Del-Ton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Disappointed in Del-Ton

So I ordered a rifle kit from Del-Ton on their Black Friday sale. I got their 16" mid Kit has everything but a stripped lower ( I found locally for $83.00). After Two weeks of waiting my order finally got here today. I had my work space all set up with all the tools that I will need to build my riffle. In the box there was my upper, ergo grip, M4 butt stock /w Buffer tube, buffer spring, and buffer But NO LOWER PARTS KIT. I looked on the invoice and it was listed as shipped with everything else. I am so disappointed I was really looking forward to putting some rounds down range this weekend. I guess i will give them a chance to make things right before I completely trash talk them. Has anyone out there ever dealt with Del-Ton's Customer Service?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Dude that sucks. I know that feeling all to well buts it's usually because I forgot to order something like a gas tube.

I have heard of this happening before w/ DelTon. I imagine some of us tried to stear you away but hey next time, right, lol.

I feel for ya man.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #3

Yeah I have heard it before. But they sucked me in with Military 5% discount and black Friday 15% off. I got the complete kit for $430. Oh well we will see tomorrow when I can get someone on the phone.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I understand completely. It just sucks that things like this happen.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #5

Ok so I talked to Del-ton this morning. They said they were going to ship out my lower parts kit 2nd day and I would have it Monday or Tuesday. So I asked for a refund on just the parts kit and I would buy a lower kit at my lgs. They said that was not possible because it was purchased as a kit. She then talked to her supervisor and got the ok to ship it out next day air. So lets see if I get my parts tomorrow or not. I may still get a chance to put some rounds on target this weekend.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #6

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 692

If you don't want to wait I'd recommend going out and buying a good LPK locally so you don't have to wait. The Del-Ton LPK I used a couple years ago was pretty rough so you may do better locally.

Also it makes a lot of sense to have a spare LPK on hand so why not keep the Del-Ton as a spare or even sell it.

Mainly saying all this so you can get started today!

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #7

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Dude.

The delton kit should be your backup it.

Incase you lose a spring or a detent goes flying etc.

Just do what Quentin is suggesting, get one local have go enjoy your self this weekend. Why let a small hiccup hold you back?

Old 12-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #8

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Course......

And extra lpk laying may be construed as constructive intent......for another build. At least in my eyes.... LoL

Old 12-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #9

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Course......

And extra lpk laying may be construed as constructive intent......for another build. At least in my eyes.... LoL
Yep, clever way to put it. I've never seen an LPK that didn't grow up to be a real AR. AR parts are like seeds!

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #10

Lol I tried to run it buy the wife and she said " hell no you can't spend $50 more on your gun" oh well I guess I just have to wait.

I do like the way you guys think though.