Del-ton stuff ok ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Del-ton stuff ok ?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,741
Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I think it should be a requirement to give a background on your shooting habits when saying things such as, "I've had ____ for two years and it's been flawless." A round count is good but doesn't tell much about the reliability of an AR. I can say I have 2k flawless rounds out of a certain rifle but in what manner were those rounds fired. 2k over a weekend in an operators carbine course is a lot different then 2k over a year, month, or even a week.

Pure, I think you will be happy w/ the PSA. I'm about to get one myself but can't decide b/w a replica of the M4 I had in the Army or the SS.
MJ,
Someone from PSA finally emailed me back today , 1-2 months out on the pistol barrels but im gonna wait .
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,444
Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

pssssst, get a Noveske....I herd on the intranets they are quenched with the tears of virgin......

__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
MJ,
Someone from PSA finally emailed me back today , 1-2 months out on the pistol barrels but im gonna wait .
Do you really want an AR pistol? I thought I did at one point until I spent $1300 on a Noveske upper and tried it out for myself. I felt like one of those hip firing idiots I always want to throw rocks at.

Not trying to change your mind but want to make sure you are sure before you spend your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
pssssst, get a Noveske....I herd on the intranets they are quenched with the tears of virgin......
and the sieman of Greek Gods
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,444
Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
and the semen of Greek Gods
hrm.........unobtanium for sure. :P
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
hrm.........unobtanium for sure. :P
Where do you think it all goes if the lab rejects it

Looks like I need to use that word more often so I can spell it correctly lol
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,741
Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Default

I have done a 180 flip flop I shot my buddies 9" today and I can honestly say I really didnt like it enough to buy one and Im glad he got it out and let me shoot it before I plopped down the $$$$ , I dont know if it was my ape like arms that made it feel akward and uncomfortable or not being used to the pistol type buffer tube . Regardless, I didnt shoot it well either, Its just a whole different animal , So I shopping for a rifle upper since I already have a nice scope and mount to put on the top of it and I want to another one a little different than my current M4 .

__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

PSA has a nice 20" kit.

__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,543
Liked 998 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 998

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I have done a 180 flip flop I shot my buddies 9" today and I can honestly say I really didnt like it enough to buy one and Im glad he got it out and let me shoot it before I plopped down the $$$$ , I dont know if it was my ape like arms that made it feel akward and uncomfortable or not being used to the pistol type buffer tube . Regardless, I didnt shoot it well either, Its just a whole different animal , So I shopping for a rifle upper since I already have a nice scope and mount to put on the top of it and I want to another one a little different than my current M4 .
Whaddaya, think we've been trying to tell you that this whole thread, PH!

J/K, some people like AR pistols, it's just something I can't wrap my head around. I'd much rather have a true defensive pistol and carbine, not something in between that falls short on both ends.
__________________

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Quentin is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,741
Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Whaddaya, think we've been trying to tell you that this whole thread, PH!

J/K, some people like AR pistols, it's just something I can't wrap my head around. I'd much rather have a true defensive pistol and carbine, not something in between that falls short on both ends.
I think I'm going to copy your MOE in black another 16". I really don't want a longer barrel , if I need to have longer range accuracy I will get my savage out
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Why We Believe Stuff... Trez The Club House 0 11-27-2011 04:02 AM
Mac 11 Stuff IMAPEOPLEPERSON Firearm Accessories & Gear 0 06-11-2010 07:40 PM
New AR stuff dragunovsks The Club House 3 04-07-2009 01:46 PM
Stuff to think about joseph engraver Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 02-27-2009 08:38 PM



Newest Threads