Del-ton stuff ok ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Del-ton stuff ok ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I think it should be a requirement to give a background on your shooting habits when saying things such as, "I've had ____ for two years and it's been flawless." A round count is good but doesn't tell much about the reliability of an AR. I can say I have 2k flawless rounds out of a certain rifle but in what manner were those rounds fired. 2k over a weekend in an operators carbine course is a lot different then 2k over a year, month, or even a week.

Pure, I think you will be happy w/ the PSA. I'm about to get one myself but can't decide b/w a replica of the M4 I had in the Army or the SS.
MJ,
Someone from PSA finally emailed me back today , 1-2 months out on the pistol barrels but im gonna wait .

Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #22

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

pssssst, get a Noveske....I herd on the intranets they are quenched with the tears of virgin......

Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
MJ,
Someone from PSA finally emailed me back today , 1-2 months out on the pistol barrels but im gonna wait .
Do you really want an AR pistol? I thought I did at one point until I spent $1300 on a Noveske upper and tried it out for myself. I felt like one of those hip firing idiots I always want to throw rocks at.

Not trying to change your mind but want to make sure you are sure before you spend your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
pssssst, get a Noveske....I herd on the intranets they are quenched with the tears of virgin......
and the sieman of Greek Gods

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #24

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
and the semen of Greek Gods
hrm.........unobtanium for sure. :P

Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
hrm.........unobtanium for sure. :P
Where do you think it all goes if the lab rejects it

Looks like I need to use that word more often so I can spell it correctly lol

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #26

I have done a 180 flip flop I shot my buddies 9" today and I can honestly say I really didnt like it enough to buy one and Im glad he got it out and let me shoot it before I plopped down the $$$$ , I dont know if it was my ape like arms that made it feel akward and uncomfortable or not being used to the pistol type buffer tube . Regardless, I didnt shoot it well either, Its just a whole different animal , So I shopping for a rifle upper since I already have a nice scope and mount to put on the top of it and I want to another one a little different than my current M4 .

Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

PSA has a nice 20" kit.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #28

Liked 998 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I have done a 180 flip flop I shot my buddies 9" today and I can honestly say I really didnt like it enough to buy one and Im glad he got it out and let me shoot it before I plopped down the $$$$ , I dont know if it was my ape like arms that made it feel akward and uncomfortable or not being used to the pistol type buffer tube . Regardless, I didnt shoot it well either, Its just a whole different animal , So I shopping for a rifle upper since I already have a nice scope and mount to put on the top of it and I want to another one a little different than my current M4 .
Whaddaya, think we've been trying to tell you that this whole thread, PH!

J/K, some people like AR pistols, it's just something I can't wrap my head around. I'd much rather have a true defensive pistol and carbine, not something in between that falls short on both ends.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #29

Quote:
Whaddaya, think we've been trying to tell you that this whole thread, PH!

J/K, some people like AR pistols, it's just something I can't wrap my head around. I'd much rather have a true defensive pistol and carbine, not something in between that falls short on both ends.
I think I'm going to copy your MOE in black another 16". I really don't want a longer barrel , if I need to have longer range accuracy I will get my savage out