Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Del-ton stuff ok ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/del-ton-stuff-ok-54360/)

purehavoc 12-30-2011 12:48 AM

Del-ton stuff ok ?

Im looking for a pistol upper and PSA is out , Del-ton have a couple nice looking uppers at a reasonable price , I dont see much on their uppers , anyone have one and is it GTG ?

Quentin 12-30-2011 12:51 AM

Unfortunately that's a loaded question.

GTG?

GTG for what purpose?

purehavoc 12-30-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 662397)
Unfortunately that's a loaded question.

GTG?

GTG for what purpose?

good to go , I guess I should have asked the question a little better , is their pistol stuff junk ? I have been prowling around and even gun broker the pistol uppers are ridiculous in price and most have no bolt or CH

Quentin 12-30-2011 01:41 AM

I know what GTG means, that's why I asked GTG for what purpose.

And that's what we still need to know! :D

I have no experience with a Del-Ton pistol upper so hopefully someone who does can help. Still, "for what purpose" may be crucial.

purehavoc 12-30-2011 01:54 AM

personal use, home defense , and plinking
DSA has a decent looking 11" upper , but yet I dont see much posted on their pistol stuff either , So Im kinda back at square one unless you got some good leads on some reasonable decent uppers , Im not opposed to a used one and long as its in good shape
Thanks PH

Quentin 12-30-2011 02:10 AM

Forgetting personal use and plinking, I've got to ask how is an AR pistol better than a quality conventional pistol of the same price range for home defense? Something like a Glock or XD with night sights and a light in 9mm or 40S&W with good JHPs and an extra mag or two on you. I think the AR pistol is at a huge disadvantage in that kind of situation.

AgentTikki 12-30-2011 03:13 AM

Who needs nights sights with an aimpoint and 240 lumens?
Extra mags? Pshaww. If it can't be done in 30 rounds, you need to run.

><

purehavoc 12-30-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 662464)
Forgetting personal use and plinking, I've got to ask how is an AR pistol better than a quality conventional pistol of the same price range for home defense? Something like a Glock or XD with night sights and a light in 9mm or 40S&W with good JHPs and an extra mag or two on you. I think the AR pistol is at a huge disadvantage in that kind of situation.

I have a S&W .40 and a flash light on the night stand the wife has a 9 mm on her side .
Just looking for something outside the norm. And I want one is basically what it comes down to :D

jwsturr 12-30-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 662451)
personal use, home defense , and plinking
DSA has a decent looking 11" upper , but yet I dont see much posted on their pistol stuff either , So Im kinda back at square one unless you got some good leads on some reasonable decent uppers , Im not opposed to a used one and long as its in good shape
Thanks PH

Del-ton is fine for what you're looking for. 4 to 6 weeks availability is the biggest problem. I've heard stroies that's how long it will take and then some. Maybe they've caught up by now and lead times are shorter, don't know. I ordered an upper and it took about three weeks, but that was a while back. I bought a middy from Del-ton and it went bang everytime. I've seen a lot of LMT's available lately. But used you're probably looking at the same price a the Del-ton. Personally I'm waiting for the PSA's to be available again.

Sniper03 12-30-2011 04:36 AM

Delton has had their share of problems! And I will not use PSA since they are nothing more tha Olympic receivers. Inexpensive sure! But if I am going to build a quality firearm I will choose a source of quality parts. You get what you pay for.