Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   DEL-TON lower receiver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/del-ton-lower-receiver-20617/)

Dzscubie 12-01-2009 05:13 AM

DEL-TON lower receiver

Does anyone have an opinion on the DEL-TON lower receiver? I've never heard of them until this evening.

slowryde45 12-01-2009 04:59 PM

I believe all of their lowers are forged, and in spec, so they are good to go.

NITRO FIREARMS 12-01-2009 05:04 PM

Purchased many things from them. Great people. Good products

Dillinger 12-01-2009 05:25 PM

It's like we answer questions and no one ever reads the replies... LOL

There nothing wrong with Del-Ton.

For the most part, a receiver is a receiver is a receiver. As long as it's not pot metal crap, or made by Luke's Tire Center and AR Shop, you are good to go.

Many folks here have bought and assembled on Del Ton lowers and with their parts kits...

JD

Dzscubie 12-01-2009 06:13 PM

Thanks Guys, I think I just bought a lower for my new AR.. side note my family is from Elizabethtown, NC and I grew up there my whole life and I never knew they made
AR receivers at DEL-TON. It's a sign Virginia,,,, there is a Santa Clause!

Dzscubie 12-16-2009 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the basic build last night. Now I have to decide how to trick it out. Here are the two togeather. I can't believe I built both in the last month.

slowryde45 12-16-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 200065)
I finished the basic build last night. Now I have to decide how to trick it out. Here are the two togeather. I can't believe I built both in the last month.

Very nice. Good looking pieces ya got there Dzscubie. What rear sight is that? Looks like LMT, maybe Larue?

Slo

Dzscubie 12-16-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowryde45 (Post 200109)
Very nice. Good looking pieces ya got there Dzscubie. What rear sight is that? Looks like LMT, maybe Larue?

Slo

Thanks, actually it's a UAG rear sight and seems to work really well, it's a milled sight and very beefy. I only paid $28 with shipping from Ultimate Arms.

slowryde45 12-16-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 200138)
Thanks, actually it's a UAG rear sight and seems to work really well, it's a milled sight and very beefy. I only paid $28 with shipping from Ultimate Arms.

:eek: WOW...not bad at all. It looks to be adjustable, too? Does it allow for windage and elevation?

Slo

Dzscubie 12-16-2009 10:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowryde45 (Post 200321)
:eek: WOW...not bad at all. It looks to be adjustable, too? Does it allow for windage and elevation?

Slo

Slow,

Yes it does, big adjustment knob on the right side for windage and big wheel on the bottom for elevation. Distinctive clicks and takes a little effort to move them so little chance of accidental movement to affect your zero. Sight sits tight and fits really well on a A3 upper and comes with both large and small peep sights.