Del Ton DT Sport
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Del Ton DT Sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Anyone here own this AR? I was thinking about making this my next purchase. Any input would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i think someone here just bought one this past week. maybe they will give ya some feedback

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
i think someone here just bought one this past week. maybe they will give ya some feedback
I'll keep digging for that thread, thank you.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have had a Delton Echo 316 for 6 weeks. I have shot 700 rounds, and performance has been flawless. Accuracy is better than expected. Not a single misfeed.

I did months of research and Delton was not on the radar. The rifle was recommended by the gun store salesman. He provided sound reasoning for the Delton and said they had an excellent record with their sales. I was planning to leave the store with the Sig M400, and instead took the salesman's advise. I saved a little money, and the Magpul accessories were included. The Magpul accessories were a preference I had seen on much more expensive guns. I did a ton of research after my purchase, which is not my nature. I have found mostly positive reviews. This is my first AR, but I have shot a Colt and Bushmaster on many occasions. I would definitely choose my Delton over the Bushmaster, and I can tell almost no difference in the Colt.

I have posted to this forum, looking for what to expect. Still a positive experience. My $.02, it has been a great buy. Good luck

Old 05-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #5

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Looks like the Smith Sport would be the better option. Or even look into PSA for a good quality inexpensive alternative.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK
Looks like the Smith Sport would be the better option. Or even look into PSA for a good quality inexpensive alternative.
Sorry, new to the AR names and brands, can you elaborate?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #7

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Smith and Wesson Sport.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #8

I own the equivalent of a Del Ton sport...I got the 16" rifle upper kit (flattop, M4 collapsible stock, etc.) with the full-length gas system and a stripped lower from my dealer. I do his website and this was my "pay" for the year...he looked for one for me for almost 2 months until he found this kit. I put it together, having never messed with ARs before, not too hard. I really like this gun...my son had an extra MaTech rear sight for me, and it is a shooter. My dealer says that, in our area (west-central Indiana) guns under $1k are still really hard to find so I consider myself lucky. So, I vote for Del Ton. There are several guns out there that will work; just find one in your price range and go for it. Some are made better than others, but stick with the brands mentioned here and you'll be OK. Parts are easy to find and mostly interchangeable so repair is pretty simple if needed. I originally wanted the S&W Sport but am glad to have gotten the forward assist on the Del Ton, which I've needed to use with some handloads; the dust-cover-missing-issue on the S&W is your call. The S&W is a great gun but STILL nonexistent in my area.

Last edited by MauserMusicMan; 05-31-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just a little update. Today I shot the 3000th flawless round through my Delton. I have made a few improvements; EOtech, Spikes Buffer, Battlecomp, and BCM Gunfighter charging handle.