Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Del Ton DT Sport (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/del-ton-dt-sport-64929/)

scott_gen 05-22-2012 01:39 AM

Anyone here own this AR? I was thinking about making this my next purchase. Any input would be appreciated.

JonM 05-22-2012 01:51 AM

i think someone here just bought one this past week. maybe they will give ya some feedback

scott_gen 05-22-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
i think someone here just bought one this past week. maybe they will give ya some feedback

I'll keep digging for that thread, thank you.

connectegr 05-22-2012 02:56 AM

I have had a Delton Echo 316 for 6 weeks. I have shot 700 rounds, and performance has been flawless. Accuracy is better than expected. Not a single misfeed.

I did months of research and Delton was not on the radar. The rifle was recommended by the gun store salesman. He provided sound reasoning for the Delton and said they had an excellent record with their sales. I was planning to leave the store with the Sig M400, and instead took the salesman's advise. I saved a little money, and the Magpul accessories were included. The Magpul accessories were a preference I had seen on much more expensive guns. I did a ton of research after my purchase, which is not my nature. I have found mostly positive reviews. This is my first AR, but I have shot a Colt and Bushmaster on many occasions. I would definitely choose my Delton over the Bushmaster, and I can tell almost no difference in the Colt.

I have posted to this forum, looking for what to expect. Still a positive experience. My $.02, it has been a great buy. Good luck

MikeJK 05-24-2012 07:52 AM

Looks like the Smith Sport would be the better option. Or even look into PSA for a good quality inexpensive alternative.

scott_gen 05-24-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeJK
Looks like the Smith Sport would be the better option. Or even look into PSA for a good quality inexpensive alternative.

Sorry, new to the AR names and brands, can you elaborate?

MikeJK 05-24-2012 02:27 PM

Smith and Wesson Sport.

MauserMusicMan 05-31-2012 11:02 PM

I own the equivalent of a Del Ton sport...I got the 16" rifle upper kit (flattop, M4 collapsible stock, etc.) with the full-length gas system and a stripped lower from my dealer. I do his website and this was my "pay" for the year...he looked for one for me for almost 2 months until he found this kit. I put it together, having never messed with ARs before, not too hard. I really like this gun...my son had an extra MaTech rear sight for me, and it is a shooter. My dealer says that, in our area (west-central Indiana) guns under $1k are still really hard to find so I consider myself lucky. So, I vote for Del Ton. There are several guns out there that will work; just find one in your price range and go for it. Some are made better than others, but stick with the brands mentioned here and you'll be OK. Parts are easy to find and mostly interchangeable so repair is pretty simple if needed. I originally wanted the S&W Sport but am glad to have gotten the forward assist on the Del Ton, which I've needed to use with some handloads; the dust-cover-missing-issue on the S&W is your call. The S&W is a great gun but STILL nonexistent in my area.

connectegr 07-19-2012 11:27 PM

Just a little update. Today I shot the 3000th flawless round through my Delton. I have made a few improvements; EOtech, Spikes Buffer, Battlecomp, and BCM Gunfighter charging handle.